12 inch leather martingale quick ship - recs needed.

(6 Posts)
MagratGarlik Tue 19-Feb-13 10:27:17

Have you tried collarsrus.co.uk, she does made-to-measure martingales though not sure if this is also true for leather ones.

bochead Tue 19-Feb-13 10:16:04

OK silver peacock only do fabric (not as robust as leather) and celtic hounds are on a break. I've checked ebay etc too. I've adjusted our spare fabric nightingale and it'll do for the time being. It looks as if celtic hounds may be the only UK supplier of leather martingales in non-standard sizes - talk about a gap in the market!

I'd be less fussy if we lived somewhere slightly less congested and with fewer complete idiots around. She wears a very pretty standard fabric 2 inch wide collar as a house collar and to keep her ID tag on, but the security of a leather martingale is so nice on a beeping, tooting siren blasting Monday morning.

Someone, somewhere must sell wee leather (10 inch) martingales. Poor dog doesn't have a full wardrobe of collars (as is her natural right grin as they seem to be unobtainable for runts lol!

For good basic leather collars, there's Jan's Greyhound Store - does all the basics for greys, lurchers and whippets. Just had a look and they had a massive selection of whippet sized collars. here

I'm just amazed at a pointy that doesn't have a wardrobe of collars! wink grin

Maybe try here - the small ones start at 10.5". Think they do one that is 10" but only 1.5" wide. Never used them so not sure how quick they are, but maybe worth a contact?

Silver Peacock

bochead Sun 17-Feb-13 08:10:28

sorry just remeasured blush.

It's a 10 inch we need. (from her buckle collar)

bochead Sun 17-Feb-13 07:52:56

Our whippets main walking collar has snapped. While I have a spare nylon that'll do for a few days, it's a little loose and not ideal. I really need to find a sturdy 12 inch (min 1.5 wide) leather martingale or slip lead fast.

We live in a really congested part of London and the school run is all main roads. Our dog is a darling but easily startled, and I'd never forgive myself if she ran under a bus.

If anyone knows where I can obtain a smaller than standard whippet sized martingale fast I'd really appreciate it. I love the collars on the celtichounds site but they take a while to arrive. I've had a google and they all seem too big. She's not iggy sized but is too small for what seems to be standrd whippet sizing.

If you know any sources that are fast shipping and reasonably priced that would be even better! There are lots of lurcher lovers here so I'm hoping MN will come through for us with some advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now