Where can I find a CKC?

(11 Posts)

It's been 5 years since my lovely old lady cavalier had to be pts.

I'd love another, but can't cope with puppyness, and I'd rather rehome one.

I've had a look on manytears but they all seem to be ex breeders, needing to be with another dog. And too far away really, as we're in the East mids.

Does anyone know of any looking for homes, or places I could try please?

Thanks in advance! smile

LadyTurmoil Tue 12-Feb-13 11:49:18

www.companioncavalierclub.co.uk/rescue-and-re-homing/ Links on here to a forum which sometimes/often has cavs looking for homes and also link to regional rescue centres. I looked on MT as well and loved little Fawn but she needs a home with another dog (which we don't have sad). Good luck.

LadyTurmoil Tue 12-Feb-13 11:56:06

There's one at Four Paws rescue forum.fourpawsanimalrescue.org.uk/index.php?topic=10410.0 - you'd have to check if he's still available but he looks so sweet!

Thanks, will have a look at those links now! smile

LadyTurmoil Wed 13-Feb-13 00:32:54

Have a look at this little lady ... www.ravenswoodpetrescue.co.uk/animaldetails.php?id=509

Ooh thankyou so much, she's lovely!

Not far from me either- have filled an application for her grin

Saw Fawn on MT, she's gorgeous isn't she? Unusual colour.

Thanks again!

LadyTurmoil Wed 13-Feb-13 12:19:00

Oh great! Hope it works out for you - keep us informed! smile

Thanks! Will do smile

LadyTurmoil Thu 14-Feb-13 14:42:54

Didn't hear about Meg, but looked again and she's been rehomed.
Great news for her, but boohoo for me!

Going to keep looking.
Thankyou for the links!

LadyTurmoil Wed 20-Feb-13 16:08:06

Oh, what a shame! I think Suzy has gone by now as well. All the MT ones are ex-breeders and need another dog with them, which is a shame. Otherwise, they don't seem to come up on rescue sites very often, I guess because they're good little dogs and most people hang on to them! Good luck in your search smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now