accident on carpet please help

(10 Posts)
CocoNutter Wed 06-Feb-13 20:28:48

I second bicarbonate of soda - dirt cheap and works a treat.

SpicyPear Wed 06-Feb-13 20:14:15

I really rate simple solution for the stains and smells.

misscph1973 Wed 06-Feb-13 14:41:45

White vinegar?

nickstmoritz Wed 06-Feb-13 14:40:34

Great. I havent seen the vanish for carpets before maybe that will do it. Thanks owlLady. What a nightmare. I should have known she was a bit off, yesterday evening she jumped out of the car and did a poo on the neighbours front lawn and I don't think they like dogs much. I had to get in there with a poo bag and a torch. I do love our dog but why does this sort of thing happen when DH is working away. Last time a cat got in through previous owners cat flap and all hell broke loose at 3am. I had to go down and try and get the cat out from behind the sofa with the dog going beserk. Cat flap has now gone. At least the cat didn't do anything behind the sofa.

OwlLady Wed 06-Feb-13 14:26:35
OwlLady Wed 06-Feb-13 14:25:14

don't vanish do a dry powder cleaner? I am sure someone does

ijustwant8hours Wed 06-Feb-13 14:18:03

Is the persil biological? If not try that. Simple solution is quite good for removing smells - but as said above if bio liquid doesnt get it the simple solution might not either!

nickstmoritz Wed 06-Feb-13 13:54:06

oh no, it's a carpet (quite new) not a rug. Bicarb?

havent used simple solution. In my experience, if you cant get it out with bio powder/liquid you wont get it out. I have had to get rid of sea grass mats due to accidents.

nickstmoritz Wed 06-Feb-13 12:40:54

Help! Our wire foxy has had an accident (number 2!) on our seagrass carpet.
She is really good but obviously was a bit poorly yesterday. I have got it off and tried warm water and blotting, persil liquid and blotting, an old toothbrush and some dettox spray then tried salt on it. There is a stain which might dry off but i can still smell a faint smell. I know I can't soak the carpet as it is seagrass but what can I do? I have read about Simple Solution online , has anyone used this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now