New dog

(13 Posts)
digerd Fri 08-Feb-13 08:50:24

I don't know. Will find that out after having her checked by a vet first, and op will be 3 months after her last season, which I think must be finished now, but she is still licking there? My Lhasa is not at all demanding, never barks, but does rattle her food bowl when she wants more!

AuntyVirus Thu 07-Feb-13 21:44:43

Poor little thing how long is she likely to be in vets for ?. Shih tzu is very undemanding at times it's just his randy little antics that let him down. Bulldog is constantly on the go , and can walk for hours at a time , but can't complain he's keeping me fit .

digerd Thu 07-Feb-13 20:38:55

I have had my 2 year-old female Lhasa < only dog I have now> for 4 weeks . She would sit on my lap all day except for her food and walkies. But otherwise she curls up like a cat and is very undemanding and quiet. At my older age I wanted a quiet lap dog. She too has to be spayed in 3 months time as just been in season and wasn't done by previous owner.
A bigger op than for males, so will be worried sick. And she is very small for the breed.

AuntyVirus Thu 07-Feb-13 19:35:26

Also while put on walks they become best buds , very little mounting and snapping they are very playful towards each other .

AuntyVirus Thu 07-Feb-13 19:31:26

No he was advertised on a animal group on Facebook . Apart from the continuous mounting . He is a lovely well behaved dog , unlike the bulldog cross who is very stubborn and needy .

digerd Thu 07-Feb-13 19:11:49

ps.
You were lucky to find a 2 year-old Shitzu. Was he from a rescue?

digerd Thu 07-Feb-13 19:06:33

Yep. The Tibetan temple dogs including Lhasa Apso< which I have> have o nly one vice, and that is to be stubborn. Otherwise they are non-aggressive. My 2 females I have had over the years were never naughty, just the recall they can be deaf to. The humping should stop when neutered.

digerd Thu 07-Feb-13 18:56:31

Ah, a cute glamorous Shitzu. Well old -younger by 5 months- will weigh much more and be much stronger and will get even bigger as he gets older. I would worry about the little Shitzu- weighs about 6 kilo? But they are very agile like a cat, unlike your other dog.
Shitzus are a very friendly breed. It's time the 1st dog told him what for without hurting him, of course.
Good luck

AuntyVirus Thu 07-Feb-13 18:49:51

No they not castrated we are booking apt with vet to discuss this . Today we have removed little dog from room every time he has mounted old dog , he still a persistant little bugger though .

miggy Thu 07-Feb-13 18:24:13

are they castrated, sounds like old dog is just peed off with being humped rather than outwardly aggressive. What worrys me is that new dog isnt reading the "bog off now I have had enough" signs from old dog.

AuntyVirus Thu 07-Feb-13 18:22:06

Hi

They both male,new dog is a 2 year old shih tzu , old dog is bigger he's a bulldog cross sharpei .

digerd Thu 07-Feb-13 13:39:49

Are they the same sex, and what age is the new dog, and which is bigger?

AuntyVirus Wed 06-Feb-13 11:33:53

Hi

I'm looking for a bit of advice , I already have one dog who is 19 month , he is usually a good dog , playful with other dogs never vicious.
Yesterday we got another dog all was fine for the first few hours , until new dog decided he would hump old dog , causing old dog in the end to snap.
I know it's early days and they will be trying to suss out who is top dog. Does anyone have any little tips I can use to help them get along better please.
They have had a bit of a scuffle this morning aswell .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now