Dog started excessively dribbling, never done it before

(9 Posts)
Lonecatwithkitten Tue 05-Feb-13 16:55:30

Certain arthritis meds can lead to inflammation of the stomach a sign of which can be excessive salivation. Though a clinical examination should be carried out to ensure this is the correct diagnosis before any meds are dispensed.

GrimmaTheNome Tue 05-Feb-13 12:47:40

I believe dogs may start excessive salivation if they've eaten licked certain irritant/poisonous substances - plants maybe and I seem to remember recently someone mentioning toads (would think amphibians are hibernating at the moment though so that's not too likely). I'd be inclined to ring the vet and asking if they should take a look.

TooMuchRain Tue 05-Feb-13 12:38:38

Mine is younger but she did that when she had a bit of wood stuck between her teeth

NotSoNervous Mon 04-Feb-13 21:00:39

Ill give them a ring tomorrow lone cat is there any reason why they would be connected?

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 04-Feb-13 20:35:24

If he is on arthritis meds I would have a chat with your vet.

NotSoNervous Mon 04-Feb-13 18:10:41

Yeh I have and he has quite bad teeth so I'm wondering if it could be that, he did havea dental 2yrsbavk but they did to a proper job

Aquelven Mon 04-Feb-13 18:07:04

Have you looked in his mouth? It might be a tooth on that side.

NotSoNervous Mon 04-Feb-13 17:59:48

Oh and he's no quiter then normal and still having a little play with his toys

NotSoNervous Mon 04-Feb-13 17:58:03

I have a 13yr old male staffie. The last few hours I have noticed he is excessively dribbling from one side of his mouth. His leg is soaked from where he's been leaning on it and so is his bed and he's only been in it half an hour or so, when he's walking round I can see drops of saliva where it's constantly coming from his mouth. He already has a few problems and is on medication for his joints and also because he is a hypothyroid dog. Any ideas would be really appreciated

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now