Stop me being led my heart

(6 Posts)
Tutti Sun 03-Feb-13 22:09:50

We have the chance to get a puppy in a couple of weeks... It has been a dream to get a dog for a few year .. But commitments have stopped us .

We do not live in mainland uk ... We on a small island but do not want to say exactly where.

I have 2 problems ... One the puppy is in the midlands ... We are there fir a couple of weeks anyway.. But our journey home is 2 days .. So one overnight stay in highlands

Two ... At the moment I work full time but am going to part time end of march (definate)

Dh works shifts .. Mainly afternoons ... An me and ds get back at 5.45 ... We have a very friendly and lovely cat who was rescue who is not fazed by other cats/dogs

So am I better to wait til I am part time and then travel again specifically to look for a dog ... or do you think we could manage now ...

It's the cost emotionally for the puppy I worry if we have it now ... But financially it costs us a lot to travel ... The timing this rime just came up that we were away already.

Sorry it sooo longsmile

Tutti Mon 04-Feb-13 19:57:29

anybody?

digerd Mon 04-Feb-13 20:16:11

You can't look after a puppy working part-time. You need to be there all the time.

We have only been able to have a puppy because my mum has him whilst we are at work.

My mum has flu this week and I have had to book emergency leave today and dh tomorrow. Ds is at school so I could have done a short day but school hours would still be way too long to leave him at 6 months.

Tutti Tue 05-Feb-13 21:33:30

well i spoke to lady today who has the puppy and said we would not be going aheadsad

I know its the right thing to do but still feel sad

one day...

HoneyDragon Tue 05-Feb-13 22:25:31

Tutti sad

Do it when you can commit, but you can thanks for doing the right thing, and a ((hug)) too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now