Dog v bitch?

(10 Posts)
HoneyDragon Thu 31-Jan-13 17:30:45

Depends on the dog. Out of 4 female labs, one was chilled from the start, one was crazy till she died, one chilled out after about three.

The current one is 9 months and her brain is broken hmm

CocoNutter Thu 31-Jan-13 17:21:05

My rottie bitch is doolally. And she's 5!

ballybee Thu 31-Jan-13 16:19:42

I grew up with lab bitches, and my uncle had lab dogs, and i think that the males are much more laid back, i find females to be quite highly strung and energetic compared to males. I now own 2 dogs(neither full lab but my older one has lab in him) and they are both very chilled out. I never met my first dogs litter but my 2nd dog was 1 in a litter of 10, 5 boys and 5 girls and the girls were definately worse than the boys smile

higgle Tue 29-Jan-13 16:29:36

male dogs love their mummies more! We have owned 4 males and one female. On the whle the boys have been straighforward, keen to please and very affectionate. The bitch was, well, a bit of a bitch and devious with it.

Twattybollocks Tue 29-Jan-13 10:11:23

My 2yo staff bitch is as mad as a box of frogs.

OwlLady Tue 29-Jan-13 09:33:34

erm puppies are hyper, it doesn't matter whether they are male or female!

DeepRedBetty Tue 29-Jan-13 09:16:08

yy, all young labs are slightly bonkers... grin

Lonecatwithkitten Tue 29-Jan-13 09:14:38

Young labs on the whole regardless of sex are mad. The most bonkers I have ever met was a female chocolate.
I would not engage and if your parents bring it up again just calmly state it is too late now as he's here.

littlewhitebag Tue 29-Jan-13 07:32:05

Hahahahaha. <owner of a crazy,lively but very affectionate female lab pup>

There are both in my obedience class and i would say the best trained lab is a black male. Mine is easily the most bonkers. She is golden, female age almost 9 months.

punter Tue 29-Jan-13 07:19:51

Hi, we have a 5 month old male lab. We have had male dogs before. Big argument with my parents this weekend, who seeing how lively the pup is, said that female dogs are much 'nicer', less trouble and more affectionate. Having met several equally mad young female labs on our walks I doubt this, but willing to hear other people's experiences and views. Our lab is so affectionate that he practically wraps himself around me or DH on the couch each evening and snores contentedly!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now