Any vets around? poorly puppy after vaccinations (yesterday).

(12 Posts)
ILikeToClean Thu 24-Jan-13 17:12:49

Oh no, I suppose it is still early days and the cat is still showing off. Good luck, here's hoping all gets better soon.

Marne Thu 24-Jan-13 16:45:32

Not going well with the cat, the cat came looking for him yesterday and went for him again.

ILikeToClean Thu 24-Jan-13 13:57:46

Bless him, hopefullly he is on the mend. How is it going with the cat?

Marne Thu 24-Jan-13 10:45:10

Thank you, yesterday he was a bit sleepy, i thought i would try and change his food (as he had been on chicken and rice sinse i had him and poos srtill runny so had nothing to lose), put him on dry puppy food and like magic he seems a lot better, poo's looking better and full of energy (he's charging up and down with a sock).

ILikeToClean Wed 23-Jan-13 17:47:54

Marne - fingers crossed for your puppy, I hope he will be okay. Keep us posted on how he gets on.

Marne, which rescue is it? There have been lots of red flags all along the way with this adoption. PM me if you don't want to say on the board.

Floralnomad Tue 22-Jan-13 20:24:58

They sound a bit strange , but it was a bit odd that they let the mum go off to her new home before the pups anyway . ( if I'm not mixing you up) . They're obviously not telling you the whole story which makes you wonder why. At least your little boy has a fighting chance of a good life with you but its a bit sad when you end up feeling that you've rescued from a rescue IYSWIM !

Marne Tue 22-Jan-13 19:53:19

They said they would take bloods if it happens again. I am in contact with the rescue but tbh i dont trust a word they say, they phoned me after he was poorly last time as i knew the other pups had poorly tummies like mine (colitis), the next day they phone to say all the other pups were better now, no D and n o blood in their stools, my pup still has ongoing problems (still a small amount of blood) and the vet told me it can take up to 8 weeks to recover so seems odd that the rescue tell me the other pups are fine.

In a way its my own fault, i should not have brought him home knowing he had been poorly but i wanted him to come home and be safe, i guess i felt sorry for him being where he was, although he was being looked after it wasn't to a high standard. I chose him as he as he was the biggest (so thought he was healthy) and alert but most of all he was gentle compared to the others.

I just hope that he hasnt got a life long condition sad

Floralnomad Tue 22-Jan-13 19:39:30

That's very worrying did they not think it was worth taking bloods ,if only to check everything is normal? Poor little fella , is there any chance of you finding out from the rescue whether any of the rest of the litter have had similar issues?

Marne Tue 22-Jan-13 19:32:08

Phoned the vet and they told me to take him in, seems he had some kind of funny turn but not sure what caused it, his eye also has a nasty scratch from the cat.

After i posted on here he bacome non-responsive, i could lift him up and plonk him back on the sofa and he was floppy, by the time we got to the vet he had come around and was fine. Vets hoping it was just a one off, i have to call them straight back if it happens again. He's been given some eys drops in hope it doesn't get infected.

We havn't had much luck with him at all, have only had him just over a week and have been to the vets 3 times sad. My other dog has only ever been to the vets for his vaccinations, never had any of these problems. Lets hope thats it now and everything settles down, we have to go back friday for a check up but hopefully that will be it for a while. He's such a great puppy, so loving, i just hope he's ok and gets to be with us for a very long time.

Floralnomad Tue 22-Jan-13 19:13:53

I would call them , you've really not had much luck with him have you , I hope he's ok

Marne Tue 22-Jan-13 17:28:10

Really worried about my pup sad

He had his 2nd jabs yesterday, vet said he might be a bit sleepy for the rest of the day, he was a little but all in all he was his normal self. He has been a bit sleepy today but about an hour ago i noticed one of his eyes was closed, i thought the cat had scratched him as they had a run in, now he's gone very sleepy, i can hardy wake him and his other eye will ony half open (the other is still closed). Is this a reaction to the jabs or should i be worried? he has been in and out of the vets last week after having colitis sad. Do i need to call the vet and get him seen?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now