Advice please - dog started wanting to go out in the night

(6 Posts)
dinnermoneyready Sun 20-Jan-13 08:32:04

After a bit of advice please. Our 8 year old border collie has been waking up in the night, pacing around, not settling and pooing in the house.

She has always been great at going outside, but the past few nights its been like having a newborn baby getting up to let her out!

We haven't changed her diet, and the only thing I can think of is if snow or something has affected her.

Any advice gratefully received...

zumo Sun 20-Jan-13 08:58:22

WE cage our dogs at night, never any issues and safer for the dogs as they cant touch anything they shouldnt.
I would go to a local dog training club and see what advice they offer, our local one has been excellent over the years as they know far more about dogs than I ever will.

kilmuir Sun 20-Jan-13 09:03:19

If its in a cage how will you know if its desperate to go out?
Does she have diarrhoea or a normal formed stool?. could you feed her earlier?

dinnermoneyready Sun 20-Jan-13 09:37:55

She's not in a cage and she doesn't have diarrhoea. Bit at a loss as why she's started doing it. Thanks for the replies.

mrsjay Sun 20-Jan-13 10:53:59

do you think the snow has disturbed her collies are weird when it comes to change I found this out with mine he wants to go out in it and barks at it , then starts pacing in the house , Although maybe she is ill or has a funny stomach I would take her to the vet tbh especially if she has recently started the poohing ,

mrsjay Sun 20-Jan-13 10:55:23

oh with the cage thing when my dog had the runs a few weeks ago he just barked to get out if they are not happy they let you know,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now