Stupid, bastard dog owner!

(15 Posts)
OwlLady Mon 21-Jan-13 21:52:50

bloody hell what kind of moron does something like that? shock and in a childrens play area too
my god

i would ring the police too

LittleChimneyDroppings Mon 21-Jan-13 19:46:47

Ring the police. Its not too late.

Grunzlewheek Mon 21-Jan-13 19:44:11

sad
Sadly there are too many idiots around, hope your pup is ok.

Lonecatwithkitten Sun 20-Jan-13 22:52:44

Very horrible for you. My poor mobile mop was nearly killed by another dog when he was 15 weeks old. As soon as he was fit I took him meeting 'safe' dogs of all different shapes and sizes and this is what I would recommend doing. Mobile mop is fine with other dogs his only 'physiological scar' is that if another dog gets hold of his ears he screams.

ReluctantMother Sun 20-Jan-13 15:22:14

I would have called the police as they were not even trying to control it.

That would have shaken me up, too. It's awful if your dog is attacked anyway, you feel so helpless, but to have the owner behave like that....What an arsehole angry It might be worth contacting the dog warden, just in case they 'know' the dog and offending owner. I hope you and your pup are calmer today.

Branleuse Sun 20-Jan-13 15:20:01

I would have callen the police

IAmNotAMindReader Sun 20-Jan-13 15:17:48

Report it or other dogs will be attacked and eventually it won't end well for this dog.
One day it will come up against a dog much better prepared to defend itself or an owner prepared to step in and end it anyway they see fit and it will pay the ultimate price for its owners stupidity.

Marne Sun 20-Jan-13 14:47:10

Please report this to the police or dog warden. next time this dog could cause serious damage or even kill another dog. Makes me so angry when people dont keep their dogs under control. One of my dogs is very playful and sounds dangerous when she plays, she's never gone for another dog but plays rough and is very powerful (staffie), for this reason i keep her on a lead at all times, now way i would risk her knocking another dog other. If a d og does not come back when called, runs off when it see's another dog/people and shows agression towards other dogs then it should be kept on a lead.

happynewmind Sun 20-Jan-13 12:34:20

I would also make a complaint to non emergency police, they have a dangerous dog out of control in a public place.

Floralnomad Sun 20-Jan-13 12:28:59

Actually if you could identify the offending yob/ dog I think I'd be tempted to have a word with the local PCSO as in theory he was encouraging a dog fight , albeit a one sided one. They are actually quite helpful at just having a word with these delinquents and I've used them a few times for that sort of reason .i hope your dog is ok today.

I'd report it to the police. (Or go and brain the little feckers!)

alwaysworking Sun 20-Jan-13 10:55:08

I'm sorry I have no advice but if this happened to me, I'd be in pieces. I do hope your dog is OK and that you don't lose your confidence for too long.

gymmummy64 Sun 20-Jan-13 00:26:33

Oh goodness, I feel for you, this must have felt terrible. Lots of hugs to you. How awful that no one came to your rescue, kids or not. How more awful that the dog came back just as you thought it was over. Really traumatic for both of you.

My dog was attacked twice very nastily and it shook me up very badly, I do know how you feel.

I've no experience with puppies though I'm sure others who have will be along with wise words soon. I do have experience with becoming very nervous around other dogs after our attacks though. Before I knew it, I was skulking around the edges of fields trying to avoid everyone and not enjoying walks at all. My advice would be take someone else with you the next few times you walk. Meet other dogs and get your confidence back.

I do hope you feel better tonight and your puppy has no lasting effects xx

LST Sat 19-Jan-13 22:37:33

I've just got back from a ruined walk with my 8mo collie puppy. We had been out about an hour and he had been playing with my parents border terrier with a football in the snow on the field next to my house.

Little terrier got bored so we went our separate ways. As I was walking along I carried on kicking his ball until we got near to where some children/teens were sledging down a bank next to the exit of the field.

I called pup back and he came straight away, as he always does and sat infront of me waiting for his treat and to be put on his lead. Then out of the corner of my eye I saw a massive lurcher/shepard x hurtling towards us out of nowhere. At first I thought it wanted to play, but as it got to us it started barking really aggressively and smacked right into the side of pup and knocked him flying sad

Pup bolted with his arse touching the floor terrified with this dog still barking and growling and snapping at him. While all this was going on some little sod that was sledging was screaming "get him! Fight fight fight!" Cue hysterics from the other brats he was with. The dog eventually went back to them and I managed to round up my poor collie.

As I got him on his lead the bloody thing ran straight back and grabbed him growling! I had lost it by this point and screamed to get it on a fucking lead blush

I was then met with fuck offs and we don't want to. I was shaking and so shook up. I managed to get away and my poor dog was shaking like a leaf.

I'm sorry for the epic post but I am just so upset. Is this going to ruin my dog? He's great with other dogs and I'd hate for it to destroy him sad When we were walking away my pup started properly barking at the dog and he's never done that before.

I'm all over the place.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now