Doodle with very dry skin, any suggestions?

(8 Posts)
pinkbraces Mon 14-Jan-13 17:02:36

My 3 yr old Doodle seems to be suffering with dry skin, its very flaky, doesn't seem to be concerning her but it looks horrible.

I am putting olive oil on her food everyday and she has a supplement for dry skin, can anyone recommend anything else.

thanks

LadyTurmoil Mon 14-Jan-13 22:16:49

I know Westies are very prone to dry skin and there is Malaseb soap which is used... but I'm sure some much more knowledgeable people will come along soon to answer your question!

Has the vet ruled out any infections/fungal problems etc?

bumpybecky Tue 15-Jan-13 12:46:09

is her bed near a radiator?

our old dog used to get very dry skin every autumn when the central heating first came on, normally cleared up pretty quickly though

What are you feeding? It could be an allergy.

moogalicious Tue 15-Jan-13 13:21:13

Mine had terrible dry skin and dandruff. The vet ruled out any problems, olive oil didn't work so I took him off cereal based dry foods and changed to raw. Not a flake since.

Baffledandbewildered Tue 15-Jan-13 21:03:03

You could try yumega is very good and worked on one of my show dogs with dry skin

pinkbraces Wed 16-Jan-13 09:27:47

The vet has ruled out any infections, he said its just dry skin. It is certainly worse in winter.

Moogaliscious: what type of raw food do you feed and how?

I will google Yumega, never heard of it.

thanks for all your suggestions

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now