this depresses me

(31 Posts)
Booyhoo Mon 14-Jan-13 15:13:02

relative and partner got a lab puppy 2 years ago, did the whole FB survery for naming it posted every development, photos etc. and then a few months later gave it to relative's mum (in ireland so they dont see it) because it was too much to cope with. personally i think that was a fair thing to do as they have a young boy who has an as of yet undiagnosed condition that can become life threatening at any point and can need to be in hospital for months at a time. mum stays in hospital with little boy and dad continues to work full time. this has been their life since little boy was born 4 years ago so why they got the dog in the first place i will never know.

however, they have just posted another fb update looking name suggestions for a new female springer pup that they will be getting in 2 weeks and when one of their friends says she will be getting a springer pup when her own pup is older, relative says she will let her know if she breeds her in future!

i just cant understand what is going through their heads. they cannot commit to a dog. their little boy is only a few months out of a long hospital stay, they know his condition is likely to be lifelong and that he can take a turn for the worse at any time. but to even think of breeding the dog!

it has pissed me off seeing it. just had to vent. i know it's nothing to do with me. not my dog or my family but i feel sorry for the poor thing.

Booyhoo Mon 14-Jan-13 18:29:36

oh and ads like that should be banned!

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

StuffezLaBouche Mon 14-Jan-13 18:38:54

Me too. You've always got these pictures of beautiful puppies or kittens, thinking they're "home"... Very, very irresponsible and sad.

Grunzlewheek Tue 15-Jan-13 19:08:12

You see so many adverts like this, always amazes me how they expect someone to pay good money for a pup that probably has behavioural problems coming from someone who obviously had no idea how to bring up a puppy.

Gay40 Wed 16-Jan-13 13:36:58

This REALLY pisses me off. We would all love a dog but work full time and I'm not prepared to have a little lonely bored pup sat on his own all day in the week - it's not fair. So we coo and croon over puppies but realistically we can't have one yet.

StuffezLaBouche Wed 16-Jan-13 18:07:36

Standard ad:
Gorgeous puppy for sale. So sad to see him go but he barked when my 5 year old pulled his tail. Desperate to see him go to forever home. £450 no offers.

I would adore a dog too, but being out of the house from 6:30am until anywhere from 5 to 6 just isn't doable. Luckily kitten seems to relish the peace and quiet and enjoys a good play when I get back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now