Golden cocker spaniel = mud magnet

(17 Posts)
TeaOneSugar Sat 12-Jan-13 19:03:13

I've just uploaded a picture of my 5 month old golden cocker taken on a walk last week.

He's not that keen on being rubbed down or brushed, at home, but he's an angel for the groomer.

BensonBunny Fri 11-Jan-13 22:54:54

Our cocker puppy is black so the mud doesn't show up! Doesn't stop him spreading it everywhere though.....

laptop - Drying coat you say? Pray, tell me more....

SoYo Fri 11-Jan-13 18:13:30

Definitely feel your pain! We have a blond mini labradoodle with massive curls who spends half her life black and the other half wet from the dreaded bath. Our house is never mud free!

laptopcomputer Fri 11-Jan-13 10:01:05

Yes, I have a Springer and a Sprocker and it has been a mud fest here too. My Sprocker is quite shaggy, she has more of a cocker coat, and I did buy her a drying coat whcih gets rid of a lot of it plus she looks immensely cute in it

PuddinAforeDinner Fri 11-Jan-13 09:55:42

I feel your pain also. I have two Springers who love nothing more than wallowing in a muddy puddle hmm.

I don't think my kitchen/dinning room have been mud free all year because of the rain. No matter how many times I mop the floor, they manage to get it dirty again before its even finished drying.

Wouldn't be without them though grin

ladydepp Thu 10-Jan-13 22:45:22

Despite the mud I still have massive dog envy!!! I plan to get a cocker puppy later this year - can't wait! <<<here's hoping 2013 is a bit drier than 2012grin>>>

littlewhitebag Thu 10-Jan-13 22:01:42

My golden lab pup gets so muddy but she loves being out so much it outweighs the inconvenience of having to clean her. Sea or forest she loves them all! The muddier and smellier the better. I luffs her. xx

I have a cocker/springer cross, so I feel your pain <weeps at muddied kitchen, hallway, living room, sofa....>

midastouch Thu 10-Jan-13 16:58:47

he looks like he had fun though! i have 3 of these, theyve all had winter haircuts doesnt stop that wet dog smell the yuck! lol

biff23 Thu 10-Jan-13 16:51:21

Omg he is the exact image of my Poppy, but a more boyish face if that makes sense. Hate to tell you but it'll get worse. Poppy loves finding the muckiest puddle and rolling in it with a big smile on her face lol. Merlin is gorgeous btw.

DreamySleepyNightySnoozySnooze Thu 10-Jan-13 16:45:01

Gorgeous! I have a 9yr old springer - the muddier he is, the happier he is!

starshaker Thu 10-Jan-13 16:43:26

this is him after he stopped running. Hes got the groomer on tuesday so i will take a picture so i can remind myself what he looks like clean lol

Floralnomad Thu 10-Jan-13 16:39:09

Looks much like the place I took my dog today ! Roll on the big freeze at least there'll be less mud.

starshaker Thu 10-Jan-13 16:39:03

We have just moved. It used to be the beach he would get his gong walks but by the time we sould get home the sand had just fallen off. Now we live near a river, castle and forests so walkies are much more exciting and mucky lol

muddledsheep Thu 10-Jan-13 16:34:27

Fantastic! What a gorgeous, happy ear flapping boy! My old blue cocker is far too restrained for all that puppy dashing about now but I remember it fondly (don't envy you the mud tho!) smile

starshaker Thu 10-Jan-13 16:28:54

here is my puppy merlin. He is now 7 months old and is never clean. Good job i love him smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now