Any suggestions?

(16 Posts)
punter Wed 09-Jan-13 16:14:14

Dog walking in this weather means I have ruined two pairs of boots and the trainers (just come out of the washing machine) are beginning to go as well. Anybody got any really good, waterproof, walking shoes/boots they could recommend please?

I have aigle welly boots. The price looks a bit steep but they are fantastic, really comfortable, warm and adjustable. I wear them every day at the moment. Perfect for muddy woods.

HoneyDragon Wed 09-Jan-13 16:21:49

Since the demise of my wellies I am now the proud owner of two fabulous pairs of Nora's. I have a sheepskin end lined short. Pair which I treat as Ugg and slip on without socks that live buy the door. And a knee high pair of Nora's in purple which I wear for when I am likely to be wading or in deep mud.

Not quite in Aigles league, but much much better and cheaper than Hunters.

HoneyDragon Wed 09-Jan-13 16:23:01

I wanted Aigle but funds were limited and I find the Neoprone to warm for Summer with socks on. sad I am very pleased with the Nora's though.

I bought merrell oslo boots last winter. They are waterproof leather, very warm and look nice enough to wear at other times too.

littlewhitebag Wed 09-Jan-13 16:34:33

I have Hunters - and i love them. They are the most comfy wellies i have ever had. I also have some waterproof hiking boots for the less wet and squelchy days.

I have raw terrain snow boots. They are cheap at £25 and are supposed to be snow boots but as they are waterproof and furry lined keep my feet warm and dry, but not too hot. Easy to slip on and off.

I also have neoprene wellies for really wet/cold days. Saddlecraft is the make and I find them much better than Hunters.

Floralnomad Wed 09-Jan-13 17:22:00

I'm on a pair of Aigles at the moment having worn out my hunters and 2 other pairs of cheap wellies . I found this pair in my mums garage ! I walk in wellies all winter irrespective of whether I'm going on fields or roads , so its worth paying more for a comfortable pair of decent wellies.

fishybits Wed 09-Jan-13 18:18:40

Muck boots

Twattybollocks Wed 09-Jan-13 19:00:57

Second muck boots if your are up to your eyes in mud, they are fab. Unlike Wellies they are insulated so you won't get cold feet! Not hideously expensive and mine have seen 3 years hard labour (muckin out at the yard day in day out) before giving up the ghost.

punter Thu 10-Jan-13 08:00:53

Thanks all got an order in for muck boots and am saving up for the Aigles.

SouthernPolish Thu 10-Jan-13 10:44:42

Joules Yard Boots - cross between a wellie and a lace-up boot, come in groovy colours too.

Twattybollocks Thu 10-Jan-13 11:42:24

Joules Wellies are notorious for not lasting long if you use them "properly" but the yard boots may be different.

Floralnomad Thu 10-Jan-13 12:21:52

At our local feed merchants the Joules boots actually have a sign on them to say they are a fashion item not a working wellie ! Personally I spend so much time in wellies I can't see when I'd wear them as a fashion statement.

HoneyDragon Thu 10-Jan-13 12:47:25

MiL bought be a pair of Joules Wellies. I killed them, and their replacements. Then Joules asked what I wore them for.

I was snippily informed they weren't for everyday use, and not ideal for rural areas. grin

Twattybollocks Thu 10-Jan-13 12:47:27

Our local tack shop refuses to stock joules Wellies now because of so many returns. As I said though the yard boots may be a totally different kettle of fish.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now