Holidays with the dog

(28 Posts)
BeeBawBabbity Tue 08-Jan-13 19:00:59

We really missed our dog on our family holiday last year, so we' d love to take her with us this time. She' s not a great traveller, so I'm thinking North Cornwall or maybe Dorset are about as far as we' d like to go.

There are countless dog friendly cottages online, but generally you can't leave your dog alone in them. We plan on having lots of lovely dog walks/bike rides/days playing with the dog at the beach grin. But I also really love to eat out when on holiday, so I would probably want leave the dog in the cottage some evenings.

Can anyone recommend cottages where dogs are allowed to be left for a bit now and then? She's well trained and has never been a chewer.

rubyrubyruby Thu 10-Jan-13 21:03:26

I agree topbannana - I get the lead and our dog always looks at us like ' you mean we are going out again' grin she's shattered on holiday.

BeeBawBabbity Thu 10-Jan-13 22:18:35

Thanks for the links perfect Southern and Aquelven, they're perfect!

I'm sure she'd be glad to get rid of us in the evening for a bit too, she usually conks out at about 8pm at home until morning. It's a job to even get her out for a wee before we go to bed!

LadyTurmoil Thu 10-Jan-13 23:57:00

Many Tears has a link on their site to www.graceholidaycottages.co.uk/ which are dog friendly, worth a look?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now