Carpet Cleaning

(6 Posts)
redpanda13 Tue 08-Jan-13 22:09:07

Thanks for the suggestions. I bought a cleaner for pets but if I can still smell the urine then I know it is not working.
I think I will buy a carpet cleaner on the next pay day and try the Simple Solutions. I have a lovely rug that I would hate to get rid of. I was so determined the puppy would not go into the bedrooms but that went out the window on the first day grin

pimmsgalore Tue 08-Jan-13 22:02:10

We have a hoover carpet cleaner, it is like a big brother version of the little green cleaner Wolfiefan mentions. It is great, I always keep some fluid in the cupboard and in the current wet conditions it is getting a lot of use with muddy paw prints, child prints and the vomiting bug going through the house grin

SpicyPear Tue 08-Jan-13 14:04:17

I don't work for them btw blush Just rate the products.

SpicyPear Tue 08-Jan-13 14:02:57

On the patches I use Simple Solution pet odour remover. It has enzymes in to break down the smell completely to discourage them from returning to the same spots. I also have a Vax carpet cleaner and have bought the Simple Solution Extreme Carpet Shampoo to use in it once pup is totally reliable on the carpeted areas. I don't think a steamer would be enough, you need something to really push the fluid into the fibres and any spot cleaner needs to permeate the underlay as well or the pooch will still be able to smell eau de peepee.

Wolfiefan Tue 08-Jan-13 13:49:49

We had a very poorly cat who messed up sofas etc. yuk.
We got a Bissell thing from Lakeland. Vv easy to use and meant we didn't have to throw furniture away. Called something like little green cleaner.

redpanda13 Tue 08-Jan-13 13:47:37

I have a 10 week old Boston Terrier that has been with us now for a week and 2 days. He is a fantastic little dog and despite reading that the breed is slow to housetrain he has been the quickest puppy to click with it. He started asking to go out in the garden yesterday and 9 times out of 10 uses the puppy pads. Of course though he is very young and has had accidents. He really likes to have accidents on the areas in the home that have carpets.

So any tips on getting the carpets really clean? Happy to try brands or Kim and Aggie style concoctions. I have been looking at the steam cleaners which also double as a carpet cleaner. Anyone got one of those and are they worth the money?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now