I want to gag my dog!

(12 Posts)
Twattybollocks Wed 09-Jan-13 19:05:07

Could be but I haven't heard them, and I sleep with the window open. There are several around about, hence our almost daily bath in fox crap removing shampoo. Anyhow, she has stopped now! She finally shut up on Monday afternoon, must have been the christmas tree after all <confused>

frazzled123 Wed 09-Jan-13 14:23:56

Foxes? Lots around here at moment, apparently it's their mating season. My dog goes loopy if he hears them.

Floralnomad Mon 07-Jan-13 12:35:24

Was it a full moon last night cos my usually excellent sleeper also stayed up half the night ! He wasn't barking but I could hear him until about 3 am moving his blankets and trying to open the stair gate , normally he goes straight to sleep .

I wonder if someone has plugged in a mouse repellent or something. My dog would go nuts at our old house if he wandered in to the garage. Took me ages to work out that the sonic mouse repeller was bothering him.

GrimmaTheNome Mon 07-Jan-13 10:05:09

Any possibility that there's something making a noise beyond your hearing - I don't know what, maybe some machine is making a very highpitched whine. Is she doing this whereever she is in the house?

another totally random thought, wonder if dogs ever get tinnitus.

Maybe you could see if she's better or worse if theres some sort of background noise which might mask either of those possibilities.

Twattybollocks Mon 07-Jan-13 09:56:53

She was spayed just under a year ago as soon as she had done with her first season. She's almost 2. Just seems like a big Escalation in the barking literally overnight and I can't suss out why!

mrsjay Mon 07-Jan-13 09:50:06

what age is she like Honey dragon said she could be coming into season ?

HoneyDragon Mon 07-Jan-13 09:48:32

hmm face was because she was booked to be spayed.

HoneyDragon Mon 07-Jan-13 09:47:47

Is she spayed? My dog went like this then 2 says later she came into heat hmm

Twattybollocks Mon 07-Jan-13 09:43:13

Doesn't appear to be ill, she's her normal loony self with squeaky toy in back garden this morning, scoffed her breakfast as usual, been to the loo normally. She just doesn't seem to be able to relax at all since yesterday avo. I feel bad for her, she must be knackered being on high alert like this! Not to mention I'm knackered due to her keeping me up half the night.

mrsjay Mon 07-Jan-13 09:39:41

is she ill or perhaps just grumpy ? is their a cat outside our dog was grumbling the other night and a cat was on our fence dogs , my dog had me up at 6 30 cos he heard the birds waking I got up let him out and then he went back to sleep i wanted to poke him grin

Twattybollocks Mon 07-Jan-13 09:23:56

Don't know what has got into her! Ever since yesterday afternoon she has been barking and gruffing/growling constantly at nothing. Now this is nothing new in itself, she barks madly at anyone who knocks on the door, barks at her reflection in the window, at random birds flying past the front door etc, but is fine between times. Now she is growling and gruffing at nothing, literally nothing, she was doing it all last night to the point where I considered shutting her in the kitchen just to get some sleep! Every couple of minutes she is making a little gruff sound or a growl, and her ears are up even though she is in her basket, and there is no noise (we live in the arse end of nowhere) no traffic.
Something is obviously bothering her, but what?
We took the Christmas decorations down yesterday, that's the only thing I can think of which might have unsettled her slightly, although I would be amazed as she is normally not phased by furniture moving and didn't bat an eyelid when the tree went up in December?
No visitors yesterday, no one even knocked at the door.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now