Stray dog living in woods

(12 Posts)
Garnier Tue 08-Jan-13 20:28:38

If you look on doglost for your area, you may well find someone has reported him missing. A lovely story on there today of a family whose dog had been missing for 3 years has just turned up safe and well.

happynewmind Tue 08-Jan-13 14:33:21

I am near Manchester
Thanks for the link

LoopsInHoops Tue 08-Jan-13 02:35:46
dibsmum Tue 08-Jan-13 02:14:44

Sorry new phone, no idea how the word "best" snuck in there shock

dibsmum Tue 08-Jan-13 02:13:29

Not wishing to "out" you but roughly where are you? One missing from near me too, would love to see him reunited with the best owner grin

Beaverfeaver Tue 08-Jan-13 02:08:05

Oh just noticed the dog is black and you are up north so different dog

Beaverfeaver Tue 08-Jan-13 01:46:14

If your in Oxfordshire / Buckinghamshire his name is quigley.

His family tried to find him after he went missing earlier last year, but the moved back to America so no one is out there looking for him now.

My guess is that he likes being in the wild.

Lots of people have tried to catch him

FarrahFawcettsFlick Mon 07-Jan-13 22:32:25

Could you borrow a kennel from charity, line it with foam/blankets and leave food bowls by it. I used to do this with stray cats to give them shelter and then with the worse cases that i couldn't get near to, swap the basket for a sprung trap. Apologies, I don't know if the make them for dogs. The only other thing I can think of is try to establish a feeding routine and get a vet to tranq dart it. Sounds extreme I know, but...

happynewmind Sat 05-Jan-13 21:29:28

Hi Lazy I wish so much but we are North. sad

Its a either a slim lab because he's outside or lab cross.

I've spoke to them again and the vet, the woods are fairly big and dense so when he takes off we can't find him.

There's room on my sofa for him if we could catch him!

lazygaze Sat 05-Jan-13 20:54:34

Hi there. We lost our (black) dog 18months ago, he bolted in central London and was obviously taken, and could be anywhere now of course :-( nice to see someone caring about the welfare of this dog. Do you think it is a Labrador? Just imagine if a random message on mumsnet reunited us! So unlikely- but not impossible.. Ours would be 7now. We miss him so much. I think he is either with a family who have no idea how much pain has been caused by not returning him, or that he is being used for breeding (he was a stunning, perfect example of a black lab). Anyway, thanks for posting, and I hope this dog finds a home soon (well, i hope it is ours and we are reunited ;-) )
E x

Reaa Sat 05-Jan-13 01:13:36

Call RSPCA yourself and ask them for any suggestions just to put your mind at ease and check on missing dog websites to see if anyone has reported a dog matching your description missing.

happynewmind Sat 05-Jan-13 00:42:38

Near to where we live there are some woods, there's been a black dog there for weeks although I have since spoken to vets nearby and they say its been there over a year, several neighbours have tried to get near enough to capture it but with no luck.

Its very nervous and if you look in its direction it takes off sad

Several people have rang rspca but I've no idea if they have been out.

Its fairly grey on its nose so im guessing its pretty old.

People are putting food/water out and the sports club alongside are too.

I just feel so sad knowing its out there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now