Puppy food

(9 Posts)
cedmonds Fri 04-Jan-13 20:40:31

Even our adult dogs have a bit of water in with their food. The pups have it with warm water as it makes it softer.

PartridgeInASpicyPearTree Wed 02-Jan-13 19:15:38

tabulah thanks for your post. SpicyPup has been off his dry food for a couple of days and even though it's obvious now I hadn't twigged it was teethe. Thought he holding out for turkey or cheese as we've been doing a lot of training blush Wet his dinner earlier and it disappeared immediately smile

littlewhitebag Wed 02-Jan-13 14:05:17

I give the pup proplan too. The one for large robust breed. SHe is a lab and seems to be doing well on it.

Hi there,

We do a bit of both, if it's in his bowl than we tend to wet it a touch. However if i put some of his food in his Kong Ball that he has to bat around to empty, then it's dry and if we use his food for training, that's dry too.

He's on Taste of the Wild, we have three flavours, one is his particular favourite and I shall slowly use the other two flavours up, plus his puppy food from the breeder.

tabulahrasa Wed 02-Jan-13 13:23:00

I had to soak it again for a few weeks while monster puppies gums were all sore from teething, so as long as you watch for that it really makes no odds.

Oops...I stopped soaking at 9 weeks as he was turning his nose up. I thought it was just a question of them not being able to manage it dry so thought if he could eat then it was ok. Ahh well, he is 5 months and seems ok.

permaquandry Wed 02-Jan-13 11:55:06

Thx little. Out of interest, what brand do you feed her? I changed to Symply from proplan and noticed a much nicer coat, less smell etc.

littlewhitebag Wed 02-Jan-13 11:53:07

I stopped wetting my pups food about the same time as you did. She has been fine with dry food and is now a robust healthy 8 month old pup.

permaquandry Wed 02-Jan-13 11:02:11

Hi there, have been giving 18 week old puppy dried food (was soaking up til about a month ago), just read my puppy pack again and it suggests you should still soak it up til 6 months. The pet food supplier said dried is better for their teeth.

Any advice?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now