Female vizsla name ...

(19 Posts)
Beaverfeaver Wed 02-Jan-13 02:50:29

I once met a viszla called ruby in a local brewery

CatPussRoastingOnAnOpenFire Mon 31-Dec-12 22:34:16

My dog is called Corky! I can confirm that two syllable names ending in EE make great shouting names. COOOORRRR..KKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.....
Sadly, having spent 3 hours shouting it today, after the little shit managed to lose himself, I can also confirm that it doesnt matter what you shout if the hound in question is out of earshot or ignoring you! confused

oliviasfriend Mon 31-Dec-12 22:02:07

Thanks I'd also read that 2 syllable names ending in the ee sound were a good choice. Just can't think of one that I like or that we don't already know someone or someone's pet with that name.

Also like Willow.

HerRoyalMaj Mon 31-Dec-12 21:38:09

Vanda.

broadsheetbabe Mon 31-Dec-12 21:36:00

What about Zsa Zsa? A lovely Hungarian name, and very glam.

my girl dog is cherry, that would suit a visla.

Somebody once told me that dogs respond better to names with an "ee" sound at the end (like Ruby). My boy has an "ee" sound. He seems to respond to it. I have no idea how scientific that is!

oliviasfriend Mon 31-Dec-12 18:06:39

... want to ...

oliviasfriend Mon 31-Dec-12 18:05:39

Thanks everyone, she is our first vizsla and is now 10 weeks old. She's gorgeous and very bouncy! Lorialet, Ruby is lovely. We've been looking for a vizsla for months and had almost settled on Amber. Our vizsla is a lovely rich colour so I thought Sienna would suit her. We've been using it for a few days now but want dot feel really sure before it's definite. A couple of friends had said really short names work best so was wondering if Sienna was too long. I do love it though!

CanYouHearMe Mon 31-Dec-12 17:53:27

Gertud is lovely. If I ever got a dog, it would be one of the wirehaired viz's

Aquelven Mon 31-Dec-12 17:27:01

Klara
Jola
Ildi
Gertrud
Frida

All Hungarian girls names.

decktheballs Mon 31-Dec-12 17:23:32

We had a Megan, Brooke and Red when I was growing up. I'm very jealous, they are lovely dogs

Lorialet Mon 31-Dec-12 17:19:48

Sorry BitterAndTwisted ~ xpost!! blush

Lorialet Mon 31-Dec-12 17:18:00

Mine is called Ruby ~ not very original, but I always dreamt of a having Vizsla called Ruby, so that's what we stuck with. Some other names I considered were Scout and Myrtle. I do like Sienna though smile

Ruby smile

CanYouHearMe Mon 31-Dec-12 16:51:58

Just did a search and found this - I like Frida, Aniko, Flora & Kata

oliviasfriend Mon 31-Dec-12 16:34:19

Thanks Dita! Anyone else?

amy (as in amy pond) or Jess (as in jess of true blood) or dita (after me not the real dita she doesnt have red hair)

oliviasfriend Mon 31-Dec-12 07:44:21

Any suggestions?

We like Sienna and Amber ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now