Puppy Upset tummy - feeding advice required please

(10 Posts)
IDoAllMyOwnStunts Tue 01-Jan-13 17:20:36

I'm sure she will. My dog looked so sad when he had a poorly tummy - he was poorly for about 5 days, on the 6th day he literally went back to normal, from looking sad to bounding with energy overnight, back to his usual self, sure she'll be the same.
You might have to convine her she's not on the chicken /rice/egg diet forever though, my mutt got a real penchant for it.

SweetieSnowball Tue 01-Jan-13 12:02:08

We went to vets yesterday. They said she has a bug, they gave her a jab & some paste for on her food. She has to have plain rice with chicken or egg for next few days.

She is still quiet in herself but am sure she will improve over next few days. Vet said to take her back later in the week if no improvement. Fingers crossed she perks up soon.

IDoAllMyOwnStunts Mon 31-Dec-12 14:32:16

How is your pup, any improvement?

SweetieSnowball Sun 30-Dec-12 19:45:53

Thanks for all the comments. Just boiling up some plain rice and will add to a scrambled egg for tonight. I might split it into 2 small meals not to overface her. I will get some chicken in tomorrow when I can get to shops and see what vet says if we can get an appointment.

notapizzaeater Sun 30-Dec-12 19:36:46

Our breeder told us to feed live natural yoghurt if he was loose or ill - hope he's better soon

IDoAllMyOwnStunts Sun 30-Dec-12 19:35:21

I gave our dog scrambled egg mixed with boiled rice and chicken when he had the squits. He was better within a couple of days and most miffed to be back on chappie, think he was enjoying his special diet.

SoYo Sun 30-Dec-12 19:28:10

We always give ours a plain scrambled egg when she's poorly and has always worked a treat. When she swallowed a sock (puppy-monster that she is) she had chicken, broccoli and brown rice for a week.

toomuch2young Sun 30-Dec-12 19:23:50

Yes chicken, rice, potatoes (cooked mashed, nothing added) little and often. Not tuna it's far too rich. Make sure she's drinking.
Vet visit in morning.
Get well soon pup.

dishwashervodkaanddietirnbru Sun 30-Dec-12 19:21:12

from googling, boiled chicken and rice seems a good option

SweetieSnowball Sun 30-Dec-12 19:11:49

Our 5.5 month old pup has had an upset tummy since Thursday. No indoor accidents, just looser than normal. Until today she has seemed fine of herself and we hadn't been too concerned. Although we watch her carefully she may have had something other than her normal dry kibble that we aren't aware of.

This morning we didn't give her a breakfast meal and then mid morning she was sick. She has seemed really quiet all day and just not herself. I am going to try get her into the vets in the morning.

Should I feed her this evenings and if so what? DH wants to give her some tuna but would a scrambled egg be better?

She does seem to want food, she keeps going to check her bowls. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now