Unknown

(4 Posts)
Sargesaweyes Sun 09-Dec-12 18:40:51

Thanks for the advice. I will make an appointment. She is very stiff nowadays so hopefully that would ease up aswell.

poachedeggs Sun 09-Dec-12 11:48:24

Yes, you need to see your vet. Not all dogs respond to treatment, but in cases where the incontinence is secondary to spondylosis (spinal arthritis) I have had good success with an oldfashioned drug called PLT.

Your vet will be able to give you proper individual guidance. Good luck: )

Sargesaweyes Sun 09-Dec-12 10:42:35

Oh no! I didn't mean to post without a subject. Can I add one?

Sargesaweyes Sun 09-Dec-12 10:41:45

Hello lovely doghouse folk I was wondering if you could help me?

I have an elderly springer spaniel (age not known exactly as rescued but between 11 and 14) and in the last two weeks she has started to have poo accidents in the house. She has never been a messy dog and tbh she seems pretty oblivious to it bless her. For instance she climbed the stairs before and had a little poo on a few stairs as she jumped!

What I am wondering is if there is anything that I can do for her, should I take her to the vets or is it just old age and one of those things? I have always heard that when dogs become incontinent it kind of signals the end sad. Really hoping that this isn't the case. She seems absolutely fine apart from this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now