Is this usual for boarding kennels?

(10 Posts)
WhenSantaGotStuckUpACunnyFunt Sun 09-Dec-12 18:27:20

Well I took my own stuff anyway, plus sardines grin they were ok with it. I think he had a good time anyway, he didn't get mega excited when he first saw me which is unusual! Unless of course he was just pissed off with me for dumping him in a kennel overnight which is more likely grin

aladdinsane Sat 08-Dec-12 17:15:25

Mine will feed them anything you want including raw food or rice mix for those older dogs with delicate stomachs- or any other fussy types
I don't think there is a brand they wouldn't have

toboldlygo Sat 08-Dec-12 17:07:54

Yes, pretty normal but a good kennel will let you bring your own if you ask - mine are raw fed and get sent with a supply of frozen blocks, bagged and labelled.

WhenSantaGotStuckUpACunnyFunt Sat 08-Dec-12 10:12:25

Blimey, I had no idea that it was the normal thing to do. <first time dog owner PFD>

Amerryscot Sat 08-Dec-12 09:53:46

My dog's kennels provide food - biscuits, cans, whatever form you normally use.

One time when my dog was on a diet, we sent in her food and that was fine too.

Svrider Sat 08-Dec-12 09:49:58

Yes the kennels usually supply the food
Ask them if you want to supply your own

ImperialSantaKnickers Sat 08-Dec-12 09:48:22

I've taken client's dogs to kennels several times, they have an enormous range of foods in the store, and supply all the bedding too. They even handed back the leads, using their own slip leashes. They said it was safer that way, that all bedding was washed regularly and they didn't want to loose anybody's property. The only thing the dogs kept was their collars.

NotMostPeople Sat 08-Dec-12 09:47:11

They usually ask you what food you give them and if it's not one they supply then you bring your own ( without price reduction).

mycatoscar Sat 08-Dec-12 09:42:33

Not sure about kennels as new to dig owning but my cat goes to boarding cattery and they supply food. If you're worried I don't suppose they'd mind you supplying your own.

WhenSantaGotStuckUpACunnyFunt Sat 08-Dec-12 09:32:40

We're boarding our dog for the night tonight and when I made the booking I asked what we should bring. Was just told his lead so I asked about food and the woman said 'Oh we do feed them, you don't have to bring food.' I thought this was a bit strange as obviously changing a dogs food just like that <clicks fingers> can give them the squits!

I would've thought the woman who runs the place would know this, she's had dogs all her life and she breeds Dachshunds.

Is this normal for boarding kennels to feed their own food?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now