Think this is it :(

(12 Posts)

Well, after tests yesterday, the vet diagnosed a damaged cruciate ligament and spondylosis, and kept him overnight for observation.

Just had my gran on the phone to the vet again, apparently they'll keep him for another 24 hours, then we can bring him home for 24 hours to see how he and we cope.

Basically, options are surgery or PTS, and that's it, according to the vet sad

In a way, it's good we know that, because we can prepare for it, but in another way, I'm very, very sad sad

TaggieCrimboBlack Sun 02-Dec-12 18:17:21

Oh no sad

Poor old boy.

My own lovely boy is very up and down and wobbly (up at the mo). It is heartbreaking.

Hugs. Peace. Love.

He did get them, and has been having them - hopefully they're just making him drowsy/not bothered/whatever and they'll kick in properly tomorrow smile

I'm sorry to hear you have a poorly pup sad. Did he get and have his anti inflammatory tablets? Could it be that, that has had this effect?

Well, my mum is home. Basically, if we took him in tonight, he'd just stay there til tomorrow, when he could be seen.

As he's not in any pain, we're going to keep him here and see how he is tomorrow morning. So I can relax for tonight, but it's made me realize, it could soon be time.

We shall see.

BestIsWest Sat 01-Dec-12 21:07:32

Really feel for you sad. We lost our beautiful GR two days after my 40th. She was 14.5. However there were several occasions when we thought we were going to lose her in the preceeding two years but she always amazed us by pulling through.

Fingers crossed for you.

AnyaKnowIt, parents have just come off the phone - for whatever reason the vet can't come out, so when my mum gets home at about 8.30, we're to try and get him in the car and over to the surgery.

Wish they could come out, this is prolonging everything, for all of us sad

My poor boy sad

Sorry to hear that. sad

AnyaKnowIt Sat 01-Dec-12 19:05:46

Can the vet come out to you?

Vet on the phone now. Wants to see him but there's no way we can physically get him to the surgery. Dunno what we're going to do sad

AnyaKnowIt Sat 01-Dec-12 18:57:41

((hugs)) sad

Think our lovely, affectionate golden retriever might have to be PTS sad

He went to the vet for some anti-inflammatory tablets today, and hurt his leg getting out of the car. This was at 10am.

He's barely moved since then, not interested in eating or drinking.

Think this is it sad I live at home, and my DGranddad has just phoned the vet. The emergency vet is going to phone us back sad

So sad, but he's not himself and it makes me sad to see him like this, so I think he might be going to Rainbow Bridge tonight sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now