I want a really good pair of boots, any recommendations for fat legs?

(9 Posts)
Daisybell1 Tue 04-Dec-12 07:06:14

I have Toggi Calgarys I think. They were £100 but I've worn them constantly for 4 years, and they only now need the soles replacing.

BinarySolo Sat 01-Dec-12 11:03:54

I had muck boots. Very warm even in snow and quite comfy. I was lucky enough to have a friend give me a pair. I wouldn't buy them as in about a year the soles wore out. Ok I walked nearly daily in them but for the money I'd expect them to last longer.

MothershipG Sat 01-Dec-12 07:58:18

You can get ones with flexible uppers, google bog boots and muck boots. I want a pair but want to try them on first as I don't want to be stuck with the returns postage if they don't fit. hmm

countrygirl956 Fri 30-Nov-12 23:17:46

Ariat Grasmere,very,very comfy,can walk miles in them,no blisters or wet feet.
Mine are a wide fit but they have lace up sides,so they might do the trick for you.Bit pricey but have had mine over 2 years,wearing them daily for dogs and horses.When they're disgustingly muddy I have a paddle in the river.

Lonecatwithkitten Thu 29-Nov-12 11:13:08

I have really big calves and the only wellies that fit me are Huntress ones with buckles undone. I have say even though I wear them for up to 9 hours a day on concrete floors a pair still lasts we around 5 years so yes they are £50, but of wear they are worth it.

PurpleFrog Thu 29-Nov-12 10:54:57

I bought the neoprene-lined Aigle Parcours Iso after recomendations on here. They haven't had a huge amount of use as yet, but have been great so far. My last wellies had got too tight on the calf.

[If you do get neoprene-lined wellies and your dog asks out in the middle of the night because he has an upset stomach, make sure you take the time to put socks on! I didn't, and the suction was unbelievable. I thought I was going to have to go upstairs and wake up dp to pull my wellies off. blush ]

ceres Thu 29-Nov-12 07:06:56

for dog walking you can't beat the aigle parcours welllie imo. it comes in an option for the wider of leg - parcours vario i think.

the design is based on a walking boot so very comfy. i have the basic ones but think you can also get a neoprene lined version for extra warmth.

ajkula Thu 29-Nov-12 06:18:14

duo - they have tailored widths. duoshoes.co.uk

MerryCunnyFuntingChristmas Wed 28-Nov-12 23:31:39

I have fat legs sad so I normally just end up with cheapy mans wellies which fall to bits after a while. I would love some Dubarrys but are they any good for those of us with <ahem> chunky calves? What others would you recommend?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now