Where to buy a puppy?

(5 Posts)
nellyscorker Tue 13-Nov-12 11:32:11

We thought we were going to get a puppy from a breeder that I found through the Kennel Club, this however has fallen through.

So where else would you buy a puppy from that is reputable? The Kennel Club listings seems rather small for the breed we are after, but having bought a puppy many years ago which was very poorly and turned out to be from a puppy farm I am loathe to take any shortcuts and if we have to wait a bit longer so be it. I just wondered if anyone knew anywhere else that could be trusted? TIA

Principality Tue 13-Nov-12 12:15:12

Google the breed club. Usually they have a list of reputable people who have puppies due.

Kc reg means nothing in terms of a quality puppy! Puppy farmers can Kc reg. You need to research what health tests your chosen breed requires and make sure you only consider breeders who test their dogs. Ideally they will either work or show their dogs - ie they are breeding them for a purpose, not a quick buck.

nellyscorker Tue 13-Nov-12 13:46:11

Thank you principality, did not realise that re the Kennel Club, I did think that there would be more reputable breeders listed on there. Will google breed club now!

Naysa Tue 13-Nov-12 15:58:33

What breed are you looking for?

Rhinestone Tue 13-Nov-12 16:43:43

Most breed clubs will also have a rescue section too. And all rescues have puppies.

And remember, true friends can't be bought.

Just saying...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now