(21 Posts)
HullyEastergully Mon 12-Nov-12 08:25:53

Mine is very expensive, need new one

What is best one to get?

HullyEastergully Mon 12-Nov-12 15:19:44

No one?

At all?

SpicyPear Mon 12-Nov-12 16:33:30

I read your post but mine is very expensive too so I'm not much help. Is there a comparison site that covers pet insurance?

HullyEastergully Mon 12-Nov-12 16:35:17

There is but I don't understand it.

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 12-Nov-12 17:38:29

this site is impartial and is probably the best site for comparing policies.

suburbandream Mon 12-Nov-12 18:04:02

I find those comparison sites really confusing, often the insurances offer different levels of cover etc so they don't really compare properly IYSWIM. I'm with Tesco which is fairly reasonable, but last year it practically doubled for my cats so I called them up and pressed the option "press x if you are thinking of leaving!" got through straight away to someone who was able to re-jig it a bit and get rid of things I didn't want or need like travel insurance options etc and it worked out quite a bit cheaper.

twooter Mon 12-Nov-12 18:19:13

TAKE CARE WHEN CHANGING PET INSURANCE. IT IS NOT LIKE CHANGING HOME INSURANCE.

If your pet has been ill with anything, however slight, and treat at the vets, it may not be covered with a new insurance policy. Ask your vet to go through what may be excluded from the policy if you take out a new one.

I'm just changing mine, was with Sainsbury's but it has gone up massively. I did mine through Compare the Market as I want a Meercat toy as the comparisons on one page are easy to understand.
I have one dog with Purely Pets and will probably go with them for the other dog too as it seems good cover and not too expensive.
More Than is a good one too apparently. Recommended on Money Saving Expert, Which? but a bit more expensive.

HullyEastergully Mon 12-Nov-12 18:25:53

ooo answers at last! Hurray!

I am currently with Buddies, but they want 8 million pounds.

Healthy dog, no issues, no vet visits.

JUST TELL ME WHAT TO GET.

HullyEastergully Mon 12-Nov-12 18:34:04

I've tried that comparison website recommended ^^ but the one it came up with was even more expensive. Is £30 per month normal??

Get Purely Pets £20 a month one then, which covers new illnesses for life up to £7500 a year

<becomes insurance seller>

HullyEastergully Mon 12-Nov-12 18:36:29

thanks, I'll have a look.

go on Compare the Market, put in all your pets details it will give you a whole list of possible cover options and prices and you can click on each one for exact details. It is good and you get a fluffy meercat toy (obsessive fluffy meercat toy collector)

Cardea Mon 12-Nov-12 18:37:59

I'm with more than, they seemed reasonable and had good level of coverage per condition (£7k)
I'll be making my first claim on Friday if puppy gets signed off so I'll let you know how quick they are!

HullyEastergully Mon 12-Nov-12 18:42:03

purely pets says only up top 2k per year for £20??

I tried compare the market it made me want to kill myself

Ill look at more than but it's looking like mine is actually not that bad...

Maybe my pet is less of a risk than yours grin Do you have a Pitbull?

HullyEastergully Mon 12-Nov-12 18:52:01

no, she's an ordinary dog, tho large

HullyEastergully Mon 12-Nov-12 18:52:23

She's 6, maybe that's it??

I hate those thieving bastards

candyflossisevil Mon 12-Nov-12 18:59:33

I pay £12 with pdsa. Not sure exactly what it covers without lookin at all the documents but if memory serves me right it will pay a large amount of vets bills, help towards kennel cost's if dh or I become critically ill and a small payout if we have to have the dog put down.

Mine went up and I phoned Sainsbo's up and asked why it had gone up 77% in a year when she had only just turned 6.
Their answer was ...well you had a claim 2 years ago and she's getting older hmm

Both mine are fairly active breeds (springer and border collie) so I wouldn't have thought they would be cheaper
It has all gone up alot this year though maybe is a bit postcode based too.

NittyNuttyNoo Mon 12-Nov-12 20:34:53

Petplan are the only insurance company I would go with. They are expensive but they don't hike the price up each year. Claimed £4k for my dog last year and it went up by £1 a month. You get what you pay for.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now