What do you do with a 14 week old collie puppy?

(3 Posts)
feesh Fri 05-Oct-12 21:16:21

Sorry, 'rub' her chest

feesh Fri 05-Oct-12 21:16:02

Teach him to be calm. I used to hold our dog under her front legs and run her chest when she was like this - it calms them down. Give him a kong and teach him to settle in his bed with it.

I never thought it would work with our dog, but now she's older, if she starts having a mad hour, we just say 'settle down' and she immediately does! It works!

Keep any wind-ups away from the dog such as the cat and help him to learn how to settle himself.

LST Fri 05-Oct-12 20:54:41

He's a great little dog. He had a few grumbles early on with DS but since there has been nothing else.

He has 3 walks a day and isn't left at all most days. We train him as we go and have a 10 minutes session when DS is having his tea. (He goes puppy classes once a week). My question is what would you do with him at night. Like now? He's barmey. Jumping all over the show, barking, chasing the cats and biting us and chewing anything but his toys. He plays catch for all of 3 seconds before he gets bored. What do I do until bed time?!?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now