Can I feed my puppy fresh raw sardines and raw egg?

(1 Post)
kitsmummy Fri 05-Oct-12 16:51:49

I have a 16 week old rescue puppy (some sort of boxer/terrier cross) who is really not liking her kibble (james well beloved, salters, skinners puppy, tried them all). She does however like Bakers and will eat kibble with a handful of Bakers rubbish in it. I've just started doing this in an effort to get her to eat as the vet has said she's a bit skinny.

I've just bought some fresh raw sardines from tesco and thought i would try her with these. Do I need to cook them, and could I also put a raw egg on them as I keep reading that raw eggs are great for dogs, but am not sure if they're ok with puppies?

She's very happy and bouncy at all times - I don't think she feels ill or anything, but she does have very smelly and v yellow wee, so I'm going to give the vet a call about this to see if there's anything amiss. In the meantime though, I'd just like to know if this fish and egg mix is ok for her? thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now