Are you a Greyhound, Whippet or Lurcher owner? Come and have a seat on the new Pointy Hounds cushion!

(997 Posts)
TheCunnyFunt Wed 29-Aug-12 18:39:36

Pointy hounds include-
Greyhounds (Grunds)
Whippets (Whippys)
Lurchers
Italian Greyhounds (Iggys)
Salukis
Afghans
And any others I have forgotten. If you are a new pointy hound owner, an old and experienced owner or looking into getting one of these fabulous creatures, come and have a seat (that's not taken up with a hound).

Share advice, stories and shopping tips!
AK Creations
Bonnie dogs
GRWE shop
Our very own Scuttle's Milgi coats
Silver Peacock

Jake
I didn’t really want you,
I wasn’t really sure,
And I’ll admit I had my doubts,
When you first came through that door.

Not small, or cute, or fluffy,
With big, soft puppy eyes,
But tall, and thin, and bony,
With bald, pink, bulging thighs.

You weren’t the kind I had in mind,
Not in any way,
“Perhaps it would be better if I took you back today,
Before we know each other,
It really won’t be kind,
To keep you here for one more day,
And then to change my mind.”

But against my better judgement, I decided you could stay,
And quickly I discovered you were kind in every way,
Your gentleness and patience, they really stole the show,
“Why these dogs are wonderful, I must let others know!”

For you’re my gentle giant,
Who just needed the chance,
To show us all what you could be,
To wipe away that history,
And dispel our preconceptions, which put us all to shame,
And so we come to know and love,
What lies beneath that frame.

And now I’ve come to understand,
What I missed right at the start,
That greyhounds need that great deep chest,
To house their great big hearts!
By Denise Dubarbier
smile

WhenSantaGotStuckUpACunnyFunt Mon 19-Nov-12 14:54:20

Those sculptures look fab!

I am sooo excited! Taking Sprocket to an off lead field on wednesday and my friend is taking her whippet, they are going to have so much fun!!!!

You will have a lovely time, Cunny. It's so amazing watching them run at high speed just for the sheer joy of it. When we go over to our regular field all four spend the first ten minutes sniffing and eating grass confused - it looks like a herd of very smooth sheep! Then once they've sniffed everywhere, read the pee-mail, had a nibble, they suddenly all start galloping about - it's great. Top tip - take a thermos - it's great to be able to have a nice hot drink while the hounds are cavorting. We also take a water bowl and water for the dogs, plus a camera.

WhenSantaGotStuckUpACunnyFunt Mon 19-Nov-12 15:41:29

I'll be taking my doggy bag with Sprockets favourite toy, water, bowl and I don't know about a brew yet, I only have a Thermos mug which spills easily so is quite awkward in the car. Incidently I bought the mug for morning dog walks, I have a handy cup holder on the pushchair grin camera goes without saying, I have one with me near enough 24-7 blush

WhenSantaGotStuckUpACunnyFunt Mon 19-Nov-12 15:42:55

I'll take a video and post it to my FB smile

Lougle Mon 19-Nov-12 15:46:43

The patients are recuperating nicely, thanks Cunny...although they eye the dog with caution now, unsurprisingly!

Patch has filled out nicely since adding egg and a splash of milk to his food. I've cut him down to one egg per meal - he huffed a bit grin

grin at Lougle! Nobody does entitled like a pointy. You know how occasionally there are those stories about Prince Charles who has acres of valets to provide toothpaste on the royal toothbrush etc. - well, I think he is just an amateur, a beginner, a novice in the Art of Princelingness. Hand fed while sitting on the sofa. Check. Fleece coat carefully warmed on radiator before being put on at night. Check. So a reduction to one egg a day - horrors!! wink

Lougle Mon 19-Nov-12 19:30:59

He is sadly bereft of a fleece coat, as yet. He needs to visit House of Colour wink

For a true aristocrat, only the best is good enough here grin

Lougle Mon 19-Nov-12 20:56:13

Hmm...is it really wrong to dress a boy as a girl? I am the one who has to look at it, after all....

Eh? What did you have in mind? I am intrigued.... grin

MerryCunnyFuntingChristmas Mon 19-Nov-12 21:51:21

Scuttle I am thinking that perhaps Lougle quite fancies the pink flowery housecoat or other girly colour smile
If that is so, she wouldn't be the first to buy a girly coat for a boy would she? grin

MerryCunnyFuntingChristmas Mon 19-Nov-12 21:56:54

I'm undecided with my christmas name. This is the short list-
WhenSantaGotStuckUpACunnyFunt (I was testing this one on my phone to see how many letters it was, and I accidently sent it, to my mum!)
MerryCunnyFuntingChristmas
TheCunnyFuntOnTheChristmasTree
I love them all. But I don't know which one to stick with! What do you all think?

Ah, I see...... grin Well, we assure complete discretion for our customers and we also offer a very good, ahem, bespoke service where your every costume dream can become a reality. wink

Lougle Mon 19-Nov-12 22:00:15

Mmmm go with the tree, cunny smile

Yes, Scuttlebutter, I really like the look of the orange floral fleece, but wonder if I'll give him gender crisis wink

MerryCunnyFuntingChristmas Mon 19-Nov-12 22:14:52

I don't think he'd mind at all Lougle! He'd be too busy being snuggly and warm. <looks over at snuggly, warm, dreaming and snorting hound wearing a Milgi housecoat>

Scuttle do you offer discrete packaging too? grin

Lougle Mon 19-Nov-12 22:21:50

I have a camoflague fleece blanket...perhaps I should get my sewing machine out grin

We can make our packaging very discreet, if need be. We can also arrange a personal handover at one of our many events featuring the Tent of Destiny. By murmuring a pre-arranged keyword, a gloved hand is whisked under the counter and a mysterious package is passed to the visitor wearing the green carnation and with a copy of Orlando by Virginia Woolf tucked casually under their left arm. The visitor may further blend in by taking advantage of Madame Scuttle's Crystal Ball and Tarot Readings, conducted further within the tent recesses where secret messages may be passed and a dark stranger foretold for your future. Who could resist?

Alternatively, your sewing machine could work just fine... wink

I prefer the tree name too. Bet your mum was a bit surprised!!

Lougle Mon 19-Nov-12 22:36:16

Scuttle, the trouble with your plan, is that the said item is only really useful if it is taken out of the discreet packaging, then placed on the canine agent at which point, the cover is well and truly blown, literally.

Mmmmm, you may have a point. But in my defence, I'd say that a fleece housecoat is usually only worn within the confines of the boudoir, and what we wear in bed is generally considered unsporting to reveal to the whole world.... unless you are a footballer's girlfriend of course. wink

mistlethrush Tue 20-Nov-12 17:51:36

I've seen a fantastic photo of a pointy hound in tiger striped PJs....

Lougle Tue 20-Nov-12 18:11:54

Oooooh do link grin

MerryCunnyFuntingChristmas Tue 20-Nov-12 20:54:37
mistlethrush Tue 20-Nov-12 21:41:55

You can even see the tail wagging - 'look how clever I am!!!' grin

Lougle Tue 20-Nov-12 22:08:05

Hahahha!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now