I'm about to start watching the new Gilmore Girls - tell me I won't be disappointed!

(7 Posts)
Titsywoo Tue 29-Nov-16 18:16:58

No spoilers please! I finished season 7 last night and the ending was so blah. Is the new stuff good? Will there be a bit more passion between lorelai and luke? Will Emily finally be a better mother? I almost don't want to watch in case it gets worse!

YorkiesGlasses Tue 29-Nov-16 18:33:30

See I'm more of a 'will Lorelei be a better daughter' type person... But having binge watched it I can say you shouldn't be disappointed. It definitely has that Gilmore Girls feel!

CorporalNobbyNobbs Tue 29-Nov-16 18:52:33

It's hit and miss. Some great scenes/acting and some where you are thinking 'wtf?' But overall worth watching!

DoYouRememberJustinBobby Tue 29-Nov-16 18:55:18

I'm an OG GG fan and have finished my second viewing. I got the feel of the old seasons from it but a lot of it left me with a WTF feeling. That said the original series often left me feeling very WTF too. Lorelai, Rory and Emily have always been pretty questionable "people".

ThisPasadenaHomemaker Tue 29-Nov-16 18:59:35

It's enjoyable for any GG fan. I've watched it three times already.

But they made a lot of fuck ups. Threw away a lot of what the original series stood for and promoted especially for women. It felt a bit bloated at times and was a wee bit lazy.

That said, Lauren Graham and Kelly Bishop are outstanding in it. I don't think you'll be disappointed in Emily smile.

CookieLady Tue 29-Nov-16 19:04:28

Loved, loved Kirk, Michel, Paris and Emily in it. A shame they didn't have more of Jess. Lorelai and Luke were great together. Rory was such a disappointment. It felt as though the writers tried to ignore the previous season of the show and wrote how they intended to end it.

Titsywoo Tue 29-Nov-16 19:17:28

Well I'm 30 mins in and quite like it so far. Got misty eyed at the funeral bit sad

I'm not a fan of jess so not bothered about him being in it really. I was team logan but not really bothered if rory doesn't end up with him. Curious about these final 4 words. Keep trying to guess what they will be grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now