Amanda Knox

(160 Posts)
BendydickCuminsnatch Mon 03-Oct-16 19:33:32

Anyone watched this on Netflix? I'm only on the intro and already she creeps me out! I feel incredibly bad for her if she is innocent but my god she doesn't really do herself any favours - appears to be acting the whole time and completely not genuine! confused

Cabawill Mon 03-Oct-16 19:37:37

Just about to start it right now So I'll be back!

DontFuckWithMyChocolate Mon 03-Oct-16 19:43:48

I watched it earlier. She looked like she was acting in parts to me too. But, she was acquitted. Twice. The collection of evidence was contaminated by bad practice. If the police can't gather evidence properly then it's an unfair trial.
If she did do it, she's a good actress. I don't think she did though from what I saw.

BendydickCuminsnatch Mon 03-Oct-16 20:33:50

Dont I agree, I think she must be innocent. I just can't get over how she comes across, it's so weird. Somehow I completely believe Soccelito had nothing to do with it, but don't feel the same about Knox! It's so intriguing! Like why the heck was she so merry during the trial, winking to people etc... no-one in their right mind would think that's appropriate!

Coconutty Mon 03-Oct-16 20:38:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Queenbean Mon 03-Oct-16 20:39:47

Place marking, I'll watch this and come back smile

GingerIvy Mon 03-Oct-16 23:25:18

The prosecutor seems rather delusional. I don't think she did it. The evidence is nonexistent.

Titsywoo Mon 03-Oct-16 23:29:29

I think she comes across a bit funny but that is clearly just her personality. I don't think she did it.

MaxineRockatansky Mon 03-Oct-16 23:33:30

She's a weirdo.

But an innocent weirdo.

In my opinion, obviously.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 03-Oct-16 23:33:59

Place marking!

albertcampionscat Mon 03-Oct-16 23:34:20

She can't have done it. It's just not possible that she could have removed all traces of her DNA but left Rudy Guede's everywhere. It's amazing and frightening that it ever got to trial.

Thejubremonyatthelibrary Mon 03-Oct-16 23:47:42

Her life is my worst nightmare. I'm going to believe in her innocence and wish her well but she is off kilter.

BendydickCuminsnatch Tue 04-Oct-16 07:28:08

I still have half an hour to watch but yes I'm convinced she's innocent. I too thought the detective seemed a bit desperate. Her life is scarred forever isn't it!

MrsBungle Tue 04-Oct-16 07:33:18

It seems obvious to me that she's innocent. The policeman was incredulous with some of the assumptions he made - not based in any sort of fact. I did find it very strange, though, that she blamed Patrick lamumba but I suppose she would say she was pressured in to that. The whole thing is extremely strange and I really feel for Meredith Kercher's family.

Threeboysandus Tue 04-Oct-16 07:40:15

I watched the first half but fell asleep! Did she have an alibi?

Beebeeeight Tue 04-Oct-16 07:45:10

The case makes me realise that despite our justice system being flawed it is still much better than others even ones you would expect to be effective and efficient in Western Europe.
This kind of thing makes me scared to travel.

DoYouRememberJustinBobby Tue 04-Oct-16 15:48:08

I have just sat down to watch this and 10 minutes in, it all seems in such bad taste. The tone is all wrong.

Bagina Tue 04-Oct-16 16:02:17

I've just watched 20 minutes and it's a bit odd, I agree, DoYouRememberJustinBobby the Daily Mail journo all chufties about his story, when a girl has been killed.

BendydickCuminsnatch Tue 04-Oct-16 16:08:13

Yes the journalist is absolutely vile, basically everything he says is a brag shock

Coconutty Tue 04-Oct-16 18:03:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

19lottie82 Tue 04-Oct-16 18:29:56

I think it seems pretty obvious she didn't do it, all the prosecution had were a couple of traces of very questionable DNA and some iffy statements after days of aggressive questioning and bullying by the police .

caitlinohara Tue 04-Oct-16 18:34:06

I read an article/interview with her in the Observer a few years ago now and I'm sure it said something about her having Aspergers, hence the inappropriate behaviour.

Queenbean Tue 04-Oct-16 18:43:26

I haven't yet watched this but I watched a documentary a few years ago which quite convinced me she had done it. Mostly to do with how incompetent the Italian police were so most evidence was destroyed? I think, I can't remember entirely

Worth remembering that no documentary is ever completely impartial I guess

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 04-Oct-16 19:26:38

Somehow I missed it all when it was actually going on so I found this really interesting.

Assamassa Tue 04-Oct-16 19:48:27

Im watching this now, im not sure I want to because I was convinced of her guilt at the time & by the sounds of it she comes/across as innocent in this confused
Shes certainly not likeable is she?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now