jonbenet documentary

(34 Posts)
pussinasda Tue 20-Sep-16 18:45:39

does anyone know when this is going to be on and which channel
tia

Yoksha Tue 20-Sep-16 19:31:13

OP, it is on ID. Rptd. Aaagain on Weds 21/9 @ 23:00.

pussinasda Wed 21-Sep-16 17:52:47

thanks i'll have to record it as its on abit late, i'd have never thought of looking on the id channel

Gong to watch this later. I'm a bit obsessed - was in the States v recently and saw the interview with the brother, Burke. Chilling. What an odd family confused

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 22-Sep-16 19:33:27

I've seen first two episodes but not the third.

Ilovewineandcrisps Thu 22-Sep-16 20:28:49

Just watched the first one, and about to watch the second. Poor little girl sad

MoonfaceAndSilky Fri 30-Sep-16 12:45:33

Just watched the 2nd one. It's all a bit odd, isn't it? But the one thing that stands out is that it WAS her Mother's handwriting in that bizarre ransom note. shock

RaspberryIce Fri 30-Sep-16 13:06:29

Watched the last one last night and yes Moonface, the mother's handwriting was what we kept thinking back to.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 30-Sep-16 13:14:29

I've seen all three now, in none the wiser, the third one with the peodophile interview was really disturbing. Really bloody oddconfused

MoonfaceAndSilky Fri 30-Sep-16 16:08:45

I've read somewhere that the peodophile who confessed to doing it knew things that he couldn't if he wasn't there confused but also that the DNA on her clothing could have got there from another source ie. at the clothes shop, people trying things on/touching them etc, don't know how true that is though.
Also why was the mum's (and brother's) fingerprints all over the bowl of pineapple, and why did she have pineapple in the middle of the night??And why was the mum still in her clothes from the previous day. Hmmmm.......

MoonfaceAndSilky Fri 30-Sep-16 16:10:14

*paedophile

Danglyweed Fri 30-Sep-16 16:14:49

If you read the jonbenet forum on websleuths its unbelievable. Im in no doubt a ramsey did it.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 30-Sep-16 16:57:26

I'll have a read!

MrsJacksonAvery Fri 30-Sep-16 16:58:34

In one part of the doc, it's stated that the paedophile (can't remember his name) knew confidential information, then it was completely contradicted and said he was released from custody/not prosecuted as everything he knew was in the public domain.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 30-Sep-16 17:31:39

The paedophile all but said straight out that dodgy people hang around the pagents and this is well known by the organisers. IF that is what was going on and the organisers knew or were involved then what exactly did the Ramsays have to gain by also being involved which is what he hinted at?

RaspberryIce Fri 30-Sep-16 18:30:26

I think I would disregard everything he said. He seemed to be a complete fantasist.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 30-Sep-16 18:45:21

Ah right, he was bloody creepy. I'll have a read up on the forums. I read loads of books on it all years ago before we all googled < old wink>

JesusDontWantMeForASunbeam Fri 30-Sep-16 18:51:43

Reddit. Seriously. Fall down the rabbit hole there. It's incredible.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 30-Sep-16 19:31:02

Oh wow, great that's my reading for the next... forever!

absolutelynotfabulous Fri 30-Sep-16 19:38:44

I've seen two documentaries, and also a drama about the case. Very, very odd.

Regarding the pineapple, I think it was suggested that Burke had some in a bowl with milk after arriving home from visiting friends. Jonbenet was in bed by this time but got up and, seeing Burke with the pineapple, nicked some out of the bowl with her fingers. Pineapple was found in her system at the autopsy, even though she hadn't had a meal containing it.

It was suggested that Burke lost his temper, picked up a torch and hit her on the head, causing a fracture. She fell unconscious, but the blow did not kill her. The fracture shape matched the torch, which had been wiped clean of fingerprints. The batteries had no fingerprints either.

In order to make the incident look like murder, Jonbenet was then garrotted with a garotte comprising string and some wood. They must have assumed JB was dead from the head injury. hmm.

Patsy then rang the police but didn't hang up properly. Voices were heard in the background by the Operator. There were more Tha two voices. Patsy composed the note to make the incident look like a kidnapping.

So much is odd. The Ramsays tried to flee Boulder; they did not co-operate with police; Patsy was wearing the same clothes as she had the previous day etc.

I think Burke did it and the Ramsays tried to cover him. I saw him being interviewed and when the interviewer said "did you do it"? , he replied "what evidence is there"? I'd have expected him to say "no", I did not do it.".

Must look at Reddit.

RaspberryIce Fri 30-Sep-16 22:00:57

I thought that explanation seemed the most likely too absolutely. I didn't understand how the Ramseys were able to refuse to be interviewed separately by the police for 4 months. Surely being interviewed by police isn't optional.

MoonfaceAndSilky Fri 30-Sep-16 22:40:26

In order to make the incident look like murder, Jonbenet was then garrotted with a garotte comprising string and some wood. They must have assumed JB was dead from the head injury

But why? If her brother had done it accidentally or in a temper, why then garotte her, tape her mouth etc and write a ransom note? Why not just say she had fallen or something? I think there was something a lot more sinister going on.

RaspberryIce Fri 30-Sep-16 22:54:38

Any ideas what?

absolutelynotfabulous Fri 30-Sep-16 23:00:36

moonface none of it makes sense to me. If Burke had killed her, why not fess up and say it was an accident?

Maybe they just panicked. But the extremely long and involved ransom note, the well-constructed garotte, and the fact that, apparently, the entry window still had undisturbed cobwebs hanging across it does not smack of a kidnapping either.

Other actions seemed weird. Why did the Ramseys call their friends over? Why were they so reluctant to co-operate with the police? Why did they insist Burke was asleep at the time of the incident?

One police officer-who subsequently quit the force-said that it was common practice for a perpetrator to "find" a body in the presence of a friend to add authenticity to the discovery. He also said that Ramsey spotted the body before the lights had been switched on, and said "she's here" even though he couldn't possibly have recognised a body under those circumstances.

Ramsey moved the body to another room without authorisation, potentially contaminating the scene, and she was moved yet again by the duty police officer, who had been left on her own trying to manage the scene, the Ramseys, and the friends.

I think a lot of people believe it was a kidnapping gone wrong, but if the attempt had been bungled, why go to the trouble of writing a 3page ransom note, constructing a garotte and covering the body? Surely a kidnapper would just bugger off pronto?

JesusDontWantMeForASunbeam Sat 01-Oct-16 08:15:32

It's widely assumed that Burke was sexually assualting her and that he had numerous issues hence the poo smearing throughout the house. One theory is that the Ramsey's didn't know the age for criminal accountability or whatever it's called, panicked that with Burke's history he would be jailed or taken into care/psychiatric unit so covered for him.

If you look at the Grand Jury's decision to indict that the DA ignored- both Ramsey's are looking to be charged with neglect and allowing JBR's death to happen but not actually the murder itself.

I firmly believe a Ramsey did it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now