desperate housewives

(11 Posts)
ShiroiKoibito Tue 13-Sep-16 21:03:08

I'm just received watching desperate housewives again

I had forgotten how good it was. I like knowing whats happening (less of a hurry to get to the end)

HarryPottersMagicWand Tue 13-Sep-16 21:30:04

I'm on series 6. My favourite ever programme. I agree, it's nice watching it without the rush to get through. Although I really struggle in the last season when it comes to Mike. I have to properly gear myself up for those episodes.

MissBattleaxe Wed 14-Sep-16 15:51:12

I loved Desperate Housewives. I was quite glad when Nicolette Sheridan left, got annoyed with Teri Hatcher being dippy all the time, hated the way Mike was killed and absolutely loved Lynette Scavo. I wish she was real!

DiegeticMuch Wed 14-Sep-16 17:12:16

Loved it. Didn't like the Vanessa Williams character - she added very little - but adored pretty much everything else. It's up there with West Wing and Sopranos for me.

desperatehousewife21 Wed 14-Sep-16 19:26:28

Also one of my favourites grin might start watching from the beginning again. Gaby is my fav and love Carlos and his withering looks.

MissBattleaxe Wed 14-Sep-16 20:28:38

I agree about Vanessa Williams. We'd been watching her in Ugly Bettyhill and she seemed to be playing the same character. I don't think her character added anything.

bumpetybumpbumpbump Wed 14-Sep-16 20:39:30

My favourite too! Have you all watched devious maids?

HarryPottersMagicWand Wed 14-Sep-16 21:14:25

I really didn't like Edie the first few times I watched it, but this time I liked her. Don't know why I've changed my mind but I found her quite funny when she was brutally honest.

Susan does grate quite a bit. Mike was faaarrrr too good for her. grin

I used to really like Tom but this time I've seen a lot of traits that I really don't like. He can be a right arse tbh and very childish.

I really liked Rene. I like that brutal honesty though, it makes me laugh.

Lynette was probably my favourite too.

I loved Bob and Lee too.

Still can't believe they killed Mike 😢.

ShiroiKoibito Thu 15-Sep-16 09:19:14

love Devious Maid - sad they have cancelled it (although Rosies voice grated a lot 'meeester speynce' eugh!)

Nicolette Sheridan (Edie) was born in Worthing in East Sussex!!

QueenSpartacusOfTheAndals Fri 16-Sep-16 14:04:46

I loved it, especially Gaby. Eva Longoria is hugely underrated as a comic actress. That scene where her daughter finds out they're Mexican had me in stitches!

BendydickCuminsnatch Fri 16-Sep-16 14:10:06

I've started re-watching on Sky too, I'm on series 2. There are sooooo many episodes, I hope I can make it through before they take it down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now