Angelby on Sky Boxsets?

(8 Posts)
LunaLoveg00d Mon 12-Sep-16 19:49:52

Anyone else watched this? It's a bit of an odd one, but if you liked Wayward Pines, you'll love it. In Swedish, with English subtitles.

NoMudNoLotus Mon 12-Sep-16 22:40:20

I'm watching it!

How far through are you?

And what do you think it's really about?!

LunaLoveg00d Tue 13-Sep-16 07:41:23

Watched it all :-) I won't spoil it for you. The little boy on the bike gave me the creeps though.

I started off being sure that the name was a clue - ANGELby - but that doesn't seem to have much to do with it. Or maybe it does. Probably a totally different meaning in Swedish. Lots of ambiguous things you have to make your own mind about. I started off thinking that in the very first episode that when Vera was standing on the roof of the building after losing her job that perhaps she'd thrown herself off and everything else was her imagination or the afterlife or something. But I was wrong about that too.

NoMudNoLotus Sun 18-Sep-16 22:12:52

Luna just watched the last episode what did you make of it ?

I do think Angelby was a clue ...

LunaLoveg00d Mon 19-Sep-16 07:28:41

Was all a bit weird, wasn't it?

I think I came back to my first impressions that Atlas and Amos were "angels" and were put into various situations to save the townspeople from something. And possible Torsten too. They certainly left it open for another series and it was fairly ambiguous.

Still really liked the series though, very different from other things on telly and I liked that Vera was a normal woman - not a size 4 supermodel.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 19-Sep-16 07:33:06

I started off enjoying it then I wasn't so sure. I preferred Nordskott.

LunaLoveg00d Mon 19-Sep-16 07:48:38

Haven't seen that one. May check it out next time I'm stuck for something to watch.

NoMudNoLotus Mon 19-Sep-16 08:27:41

I really liked Angelby & yes I loved the ending that Atlas & Amos were angels & now Vera.

It was such a different series - I have got bored of the usual format.

The towns folk had lost their way , they had no faith in their own abilities or each other, & they had become greedy . The only couple that had retained values were the couple with the baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now