Anyone watching The Night Of?

(9 Posts)
KingofnightvisionKingofinsight Wed 07-Sep-16 11:36:17

I've only watched the first 2 episodes so no spoilers please! But I am HOOKED! The first episode was so tense it was almost uncomfortable, but the second one eased up a bit. It reminds me a lot of the first series of the podcast Serial, although of course it is fiction. I'm going to be furious if there is a cliffhanger at the end of this series. I know it's based on the first series of the BBC show Criminal Justice but I've never seen that show so I don't know how similar they actually are.

Knightridergirl Wed 07-Sep-16 12:09:51

I downloaded all the episodes from Sky Boxsets and started watching on Friday night. Let's just say I went to sleep at 6am on Sunday morning as it was so addictive I couldn't stop!
It's a brilliant show.

bimbobaggins Mon 12-Sep-16 15:04:12

Yes, I watched the first episode last week and absolutely loved it. Very gripping and desperate for the next episode. Just watched that today and found it very slow

HeyMacWey Tue 13-Sep-16 08:31:29

I'm on episode 4. We're watching an episode a night as want to eek it out a bit as it's so good.
Love it - it makes you feel on the edge of your seat constantly.
Excellent TV.

BendydickCuminsnatch Tue 13-Sep-16 08:35:46

Yes we finished it on Sunday, think there's already a thread running about it. It was OK, I thought it started well but got a bit slow and didn't keep my attention. Also Nas was annoying, this isn't a spoiler but he acts as though he's going to be in prison for ages when he's still on trial confused odd behaviour.

HereIAm20 Thu 15-Sep-16 12:37:09

It is based on the 2008 BBC series Criminal Justice and at about episode 6 I remembered the end of CJ> There was a second series of CJ with Maxine Peake - a different story.

The Night Of was altered (as the accused was not a muslim in the original) and although The Night Of was a fairly good watch the BBC version with Pete Postlethwaite and Ben Winshaw(?) (anyone Q from James Bond and London Spy) was far superior.

youngestisapsycho Fri 16-Sep-16 14:50:27

Is it on Sky Atlantic?

HeyMacWey Fri 16-Sep-16 14:54:16

Yes

MiddleClassProblem Fri 16-Sep-16 14:58:54

I'm on ep 3. I'm enjoying it and what to know what happens but I am finding it a little slow to unfold

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now