Meatloaf on the one show

(63 Posts)
breakfastbap Mon 05-Sep-16 19:07:41

Having experience of a close family member with Alzheimer's, I think Meatloaf may have the same. I hope not.

wowfudge Mon 05-Sep-16 19:08:48

I just had a look for a thread on this because he doesn't seem to be completely well. Has he perhaps had a stroke?

breakfastbap Mon 05-Sep-16 19:11:01

Early dementia is what it looked like to me. My MIL was almost exactly the same.

wowfudge Mon 05-Sep-16 19:16:20

I've no experience of that. Very sad.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Mon 05-Sep-16 19:17:28

Is he still alive? shock

Jasonandyawegunorts Mon 05-Sep-16 19:38:19

He looks really Ill doesn't he... Struggling to speak too.

AnchorDownDeepBreath Mon 05-Sep-16 19:41:09

He had a fourth(?) heart attack not long ago. It's horrid seeing him looking so ill. I hope he's as alright as can be.

Jasonandyawegunorts Mon 05-Sep-16 19:43:07

He might have parkinsons. I noticed there was something wrong with the movement his right hand, the bottom two fingers can't fully open.

TinklyLittleLaugh Mon 05-Sep-16 19:44:27

Oh you are all much nicer than me. I just assumed he had over indulged a bit in the green room.

BrianCoxReborn Mon 05-Sep-16 19:45:54

I saw him and assumed he'd had a stroke. I work with people at varying stages of Alzheimer's / Dementia and he didn't necessarily come across as having that to me , but everyone presents differently I suppose.

Only a few days ago I put the original Bat Out of Hell album on and sang my lil' heart out! It had been years since I'd played it and it felt bloody amazing grin

Thecatgotmytongue Mon 05-Sep-16 19:45:57

I saw him perform live a year or so ago .. He was awful, looked very ill, couldn't sing, shaking .. I thought he was going to collapse on the stage. I left after ten minutes.

KingofnightvisionKingofinsight Mon 05-Sep-16 19:47:09

BrianCox I'm going to do that tomorrow!!

On a hot summer night would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses?

augustusglupe Mon 05-Sep-16 23:56:29

I saw the one show too, poor meat shock very sad, he was struggling.

jacqroberts68 Tue 06-Sep-16 07:20:07

I thought he might have Parkinson's, the quiet voice the expressionless face. I've had it since the age of 40 and get fed up with people saying cheer up it might never happen! Grrrrrrrr

Jasonandyawegunorts Tue 06-Sep-16 08:45:53

His right hand was dystonic too (I mention it up thread). Which if i remember is a side effect of the parkinsons medication.

Sara107 Sat 10-Sep-16 10:16:23

Didn't he collapse on stage recently? Sounds like he is not really up to touring any more.

Beeziekn33ze Sat 10-Sep-16 10:23:19

DD took me to see him live, wonderful experience, so sad at his physical decline.

CafeCremeEtCroissant Sat 10-Sep-16 10:25:34

I love Meatloaf. I've been to a couple of great concerts of his, but a friend & I went to one 15 years ago & he'd started to lose it then. It's really sad, I like to remember him as he was in his prime.

Beeziekn33ze Sat 10-Sep-16 10:25:52

I meant to add that the gig was a while ago when he was powerful in every way. A great shared experience with DD!

diddl Sat 10-Sep-16 10:27:56

He's not looking well, is he?

The way he's speaking is reminding me of Michael J Fox.

Dowser Sat 10-Sep-16 10:31:43

He's on sat kitchen now and I wondered if there was something wrong with him.

Mummyshortlegz Sat 10-Sep-16 10:35:32

I just came looking for something as he is obviously not right. I think it's Parkinson's but whatever it is, it's very sad to see.

LunaLoveg00d Sat 10-Sep-16 10:40:52

He's a shadow of his former self. Endless appearances on the One Show, Saturday Kitchen and so on can't be helping.

Jasonandyawegunorts Sat 10-Sep-16 10:41:48

Watching saturday kitchen. In my opinon It's either Parkinsons or lewy Body dementia.
Very said.
What ever he has he's right fully keeping quiet about it, Should we respect his right and not speculate?

AlpacaPicnic Sat 10-Sep-16 10:42:33

We saw him live a few years ago and it was honestly one of the worst concerts I've ever been to - he was singing songs that I knew every word to - and I could barely recognise them.
He'd been ill (throat problems?) about a year before that and we put it down to him wanting to get back to performing too quickly but sadly it seems our experience was not a one-off.

Given how this year is going for celebrity losses, I don't want to lose another of my favourite singers yet...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now