Coach Trip - road to Ibiza - is it just me?...

(4 Posts)
Holymoly321 Fri 12-Aug-16 11:42:27

My two DS's (8+10) have watched every series of this programme and absolutely love it. Its something we can watch together at the end of a day, it's sunny, funny, shows different cultures and countries, and we love Brendan! Anyway, they were very excited about the new series as it's been a while. But my god how it's changed! I, as a parent, and as a loyal viewer, am gutted! It's all about SEX SEX SEX now, with boobs, overtly sexual innuendo and talk of gay and lesbian relationships and flirting ALL THE TIME. What happened to seeing people of all ages and backgrounds go on the coach? It's basically Love Island on a coach. I think it disgusting - as does my husband. Just wondered if anyone else felt the same.

LIZS Fri 12-Aug-16 11:45:27

Yes it has lost much of the fun of the original series, rather like Big Brother did. The choice of contestants seems deliberately less varied and more shallow.

shumway Fri 12-Aug-16 11:50:00

I agree. It used to be good and now it's just stupid.

DramaAlpaca Fri 12-Aug-16 11:50:22

I agree that this series has a very different feel to the previous ones and I'm not enjoying it as much.

I wouldn't go as far as to say I'm disgusted by it, and I don't have young children who watch it, but the choice of contestants this series would suggest it's aimed at twenty-somethings rather than a wider audience.

It's also moved from C4 to E4, which is an 'edgier' channel, I think.

Hopefully the next series will be back to the usual format.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now