Green Wing.....hooked again

(14 Posts)
thunderpunt Tue 05-Jul-16 20:35:49

I was just looking for some TV stuff to download to watch on the long journey down to our summer holiday and got waylaid by the Green Wing. I loved this series first time round, and having just watched series one episode one, I know that the next few weeks I am going to be watching the entire contents of series 1 and 2 before we even set off.
Anyone got any similar funny series I might like to download for me?

gingerboy1912 Tue 05-Jul-16 21:14:34

Love green wing wished they'd have made more

TomHiddlestonsDignity Tue 05-Jul-16 22:05:31

Black Books also has Tamsin greig from green wing.
I enjoyed flowers which was on recently.
Kabul kitchen was also great, though is in French. Have so far found only about 2 people on MN who have watched it!

Princecharlesfirstwife Wed 06-Jul-16 06:12:25

I rewatched it too recently. Loved it and might have reawoken my fantasy relationship with Mac/Julian double-barrelled whtaisname.

Ive also just downloaded 2012 and W1A - they're always worth a watch. And Tamsin G is great in Friday Night Dinners.

Andylion Wed 06-Jul-16 17:05:11

I didn't last five minutes Black Books. I assume you know about Episodes, with Tamsin and Stephen Mangan?

BlackAmericanoNoSugar Wed 06-Jul-16 17:10:16

I watched all of Drop the Dead Donkey recently. Still funny decades later. Politicians and celebrities still up to the same things, only the names have changed.

thunderpunt Wed 06-Jul-16 18:04:31

Loved Episodes - and believe there is a new series due out towards end of this year. Also loved Friday Night Dinner, W1A and 2012
Truth be told; Tamsin Grieg is my girl crush, Steven Mangan my guilty secret crush and Mark Heap is just a bloody genius!
Green Wing just seems to have a plethora of great talent though....each and every one of them fantastic. Wish there was more than 2 series......

thunderpunt Wed 06-Jul-16 18:05:11

I haven't tried Black Books... Maybe that's my next download....

NoTractorsAtTheTable Wed 06-Jul-16 18:05:59

Spaced. You have to watch Spaced.

thunderpunt Sat 09-Jul-16 19:16:28

And OMG. Just seen that Friday Night Dinner is back 22nd July gringrin

SheHasAWildHeart Sat 09-Jul-16 23:05:11

22nd July!! I love Friday Night Dinner and pretty much everything Tamsin is in!

Xmasbaby11 Sat 09-Jul-16 23:08:27

Oh yes I loved Green Wing. Talented actors, hilarious characters! Genius.

LotsOfDots Sat 09-Jul-16 23:14:02

Loved green wing. One of the few medical programmes in which I felt they had actually spoken to actual real medics, about life in hospital medicine. They look things up in books, radiologists exist. People laugh!

KanyesVest Sat 09-Jul-16 23:15:00

Bluestone 42 is very good too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now