the living and the dead

(44 Posts)
pussinasda Tue 28-Jun-16 16:43:33

im really looking forward to this ,hope its as spooky as the write up describes.

footballmum Tue 28-Jun-16 19:27:19

I've been watching it on iplayer. It's really good. A proper old fashioned ghost story. What's surprising is that nerdy young Merlin is now hot!! There's a hint of Poldark about him. Very nice!

thenightsky Tue 28-Jun-16 21:21:23

Watching now. It has potential.

Abominablebride Tue 28-Jun-16 22:02:09

Really enjoyed that. Am I right in thinking that was a present day person he could see at the end??

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 28-Jun-16 22:03:50

I watched the whole series on Sunday- loved it!

Clawdy Tue 28-Jun-16 22:05:23

After the rather cliched start with the creepy toys in the bedroom, it picked up and became much more intriguing and spooky. It looks as if it will be a different story each week, doesn't it?

Cocolepew Tue 28-Jun-16 22:07:54

Yes the person was present day, and he saw a jet plane trail. I'm thinking time travelling type thingy.

Thattimeofyearagain Tue 28-Jun-16 22:08:00

<pulls up a chair> very good I thought.

Rhubarb01 Tue 28-Jun-16 22:12:14

I saw it all at the weekend and really enjoyed it and I'm still thinking about it and couldn't resist another look this evening. The writer also wrote Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes so that gives you some idea of what it might be like...

Clawdy Tue 28-Jun-16 22:14:31

So is it a different story each week?

Rhubarb01 Tue 28-Jun-16 22:19:06

Yes and no clawdy. There's a different focus every week but a theme running through. Really don't want to say too much.

Clawdy Tue 28-Jun-16 22:20:31

OK, thanks.

Tomselleckhaskindeyes Tue 28-Jun-16 22:24:21

I have watch the whole lot! (Does twirl!) he is hot and it is bloody brilliant!

winewolfhowls Tue 28-Jun-16 22:47:30

I'm on episode 5 it's great. I can't understand why it's not had more publicity

MoonfaceAndSilky Tue 28-Jun-16 23:04:56

Oh my!! That was a bit creepy - I had to watch 'only fools and horses' straight after to get my heart back to it's normal rhythm shock That girl gave me the creeps grin

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Tue 28-Jun-16 23:24:47

It was good but I was surprised they wrapped the story about the possessed girl up so quickly. It's obviously going to have a fresh mystery every week tying in with his obviously tragic past and whatever/whoever killed his mum. Bit of a modern theme for my liking but I'll give it a go.

BoatyMcBoat Tue 28-Jun-16 23:48:39

Merlin was always lovely, and he's come into full-blown gorgeousness in this! DD is truly smitten grin

I enjoyed it. Very creepy.

Loved the music. Anyone know what/who it was?

Willow2016 Wed 29-Jun-16 00:29:33

Think this is gonna be really good.

And wow isnt Colin Morgan all grown up gorgeous now? Looks really quite different, even from when he was in 'Humans'.

Might have to watch more before the weekend. smile

OutsiderInTheGarden Wed 29-Jun-16 00:35:24

I am sort of enjoying it, but how many creepy people can one tiny village have? It's like Midsommer Murders, but with more posessed people. smile I've just watched episode 3, really hoping all this stuff comes together into a single thread, and really hope they don't all turn out to be dead already, Sixth Sense style, which is what I'm guessing from the lady with the ipad.

RedCrab Wed 29-Jun-16 15:15:15

The vapour trail bit was crazy.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 29-Jun-16 17:15:16

I thought that was a continuity mistake grin

Tomselleckhaskindeyes Wed 29-Jun-16 18:11:05

I also liked the music and it does change at the end every week but has a bit of a folky feel.

dailymaillazyjournos Wed 29-Jun-16 19:47:12

Have now watched whole lot and really enjoyed it. Don't want to say much though, as am aware people are still working their way through. The atmosphere was really powerful and the acting very convincing imo. I hope there's another series but am wondering where they would go with it from here?

Tomselleckhaskindeyes Wed 29-Jun-16 22:44:52

I think there is another series. The end bit I felt had another series.... Anyway i really enjoyed it.?

teddygirlonce Thu 30-Jun-16 17:55:04

I was a bit shock by the ending TBQH but it was assuredly spine-chilling - loved it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now