The Disappearance

(302 Posts)
louisagradgrind Sat 04-Jun-16 21:58:44

Anyone watching it? What do you think? Just about to watch episode four on BBC 4 and I'm really enjoying it.

HalsallRedux Sat 04-Jun-16 22:08:31

I've just checked the thread that started last week, nobody else appears to be watching!

HalsallRedux Sat 04-Jun-16 22:09:20

I'm enjoying it, btw smile

ToDuk Sat 04-Jun-16 22:14:59

I'm watching it and I'm gripped. Anyone got any theories?

GypsyFl0ss Sat 04-Jun-16 22:16:01

I'm watching. Well, have watched episode 3 and recorded 4 . Haven't really got a clue as to whodunnit but am still suspicious about the uncle, the cousin Chris and the owner of the racing track.

ToDuk Sat 04-Jun-16 22:39:41

I think it was Cousin Chris.

louisagradgrind Sat 04-Jun-16 22:48:33

In many ways, it's like a good old fashioned murder mystery with a list of plausible suspects, rather than a crazed random with no motive and awful ways of dispatching people.

I did think Chris and now, I'm not so sure. I think it could be the guy who runs the race track.

smugmumofboys Sat 04-Jun-16 23:43:17

I'm loving all the red herrings. Can I add the dodgy teacher into the mix?

user1463321771 Sun 05-Jun-16 18:58:12

Spotted this on iplayer last night and was wondering whether to watch it - think I will now, I like something that assumes you've got a brain and has lots of twists and turns.
Thanks

Rai

midsomermurderess Sun 05-Jun-16 19:09:50

And it's set in Lyon, one of my favourite cities.

elvislives2012 Sun 05-Jun-16 22:45:34

Bloody brilliant. Just watched episode four. Am totally hooked

nulgirl Sun 05-Jun-16 22:51:14

I'm loving it. Just finished episode 4 tonight. It's great that so many of the characters have guilty secrets and it isn't obvious yet who did it. My suspicion is on her cousin Chris but I'll probably be proved wrong. Looking forward to next week.

MrsMargoLeadbetter Sun 05-Jun-16 23:02:19

Loving it too. Foreign language crime dramas - what is not to love.

Yes Cousin Chris isn't keen on Lea is she!

I am surprised there hasn't been much attention from the media on the family. I would have normally expected that?

louisagradgrind Sun 05-Jun-16 23:06:22

I like the woman police officer too. One small thing that also adds to my enjoyment is that it isn't filmed in the half light!

BananaL0af Sun 05-Jun-16 23:06:45

I watched the first 2 episodes, waiting for half term to be over and a bit of quiet to watch last night's episodes.

I really liked it, very gripping. Can't believe their homes look so gorgeous, love the grey blue colour in their flat!

Surely not every teen in France is as gorgeous as this lot?! I also wonder if I'll be as laid back with my teens when they reach that age: 4am curfews and lots of smoking hmm

HalsallRedux Mon 06-Jun-16 09:41:38

Dh and I were saying that it stretched credibility a teeny bit that the detective's daughter was present at the end of the last episode trying not to post spoilers

There are so many secrets waiting to be unearthed. All the youngsters seem to be in on something together - the boyfriend (can't remember his name) is obviously hiding something.

Orangetoffee Mon 06-Jun-16 11:28:08

I am enjoying it. Not a clue what is going on but Lea is not as innocent and sweet as her parents seem to think. Powerful acting.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GypsyFl0ss Mon 06-Jun-16 20:02:51

I wondered about that too Need but assumed that the boyfriend had told him about it.

The uncle has been implicated twice now for speeding offences; once when his wife died and again when he left his mistress and raced home to be there before Chris got back from the music festival. I wonder whether the speeding has any significance? I'm sure he is hiding something major and wonder whether Lea was with him at some point and he drove dangerously.

AnyFucker Mon 06-Jun-16 20:05:46

Are episodes 3 and 4 back to back on I player ?

I think I watched eps 1 and 2 last week but my memory is going...

Orangetoffee Mon 06-Jun-16 20:10:26

We watched them on iPlayer last night. Meant to only watch episode 3 but decided to watch them both.

louisagradgrind Mon 06-Jun-16 20:35:45

Y, Any F, they are!

Millipedewithherfeetup Mon 06-Jun-16 20:46:34

Just watched eps 4, sorry but was the body in the water Lea ?

AnyFucker Mon 06-Jun-16 21:10:16

Ta

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now