ALLEZ! ROLAND GARROS tennis thread (cont) as we head to the second week.[title edited by MNHQ at OP's request]

(878 Posts)
Raahh Sun 29-May-16 15:55:25

I can't link , as I'm on my phone. And I now have to do BBQ things because dh has remembered he has a broken thumb

Aller! Richard!

MrsVamos Sun 29-May-16 15:59:16

Thank you, lovely Raahh.

Have a great bbq. smile

Rain stopped play.

MrsVamos Sun 29-May-16 16:00:16

PS you know you spelt it wrong (again) ?!

<whispers> its Allez

<giggles>

Raahh Sun 29-May-16 16:03:55

Oh, I always do that. Stupid phone. grin

I'm pissed off with being BBQ master.

magimedi Sun 29-May-16 16:05:11

'Allo! Allez, Richard, Aller!

grin

Raahh Sun 29-May-16 16:06:31

I only did 'A'level Frenchgrin

I have reported myself for stupidity.

MrsVamos Sun 29-May-16 16:09:07

Its one of the things I love most about you. smile

I bet you're pissed off. I would be.

I must admit, I was very catsbumface when I realised Queens is the week of DDs birthday. Now its likely Rafa wont be there I don't mind so much.

Even she when she realised said "oh great, Mum will be more interested in tennis than my birthday", to which I replied "No !".... but she's right. blush Specially if Rafa had been due to play.

It would only have been a couple of hours anyway.

DramaAlpaca Sun 29-May-16 16:10:41

Hello!

<marks place>

I am being forced to watch rugby. Good job there's a rain delay.

TheOnlyLivingBoyInNewCross Sun 29-May-16 16:13:05

Checking in!

At least you only have a bbq to interrupt play, Raahh. I am taking DS to Legoland later this week. What's the point of being a teacher if you can't spend the holidays watching tennis on the soa but have to interact with your kids?

I did A Level French too and I still snigger because I think the linespeople are shouting "FOCK" every time the ball goes out.

MrsVamos Sun 29-May-16 16:13:26

In my home everyone knows if any tennis is on tv, the remote is mine. wink

HeartsTrumpDiamonds Sun 29-May-16 16:15:08

Ooh nice shiny new thread! Thanks Raahh

TheOnlyLivingBoyInNewCross Sun 29-May-16 16:16:04

SOFA! Not soa. What is one of those?

MrsVamos, DS is used to being a tennis orphan. He has learned to watch it in an "If you can't beat'em" kind of way.

Nishky Sun 29-May-16 16:16:12

I would like Ramos-Vinolas and Shelby Rogers to win this year, but accept that this is unlikely.

MrsVamos Sun 29-May-16 16:16:36

TheOnly

I'm utterly convinced they are. grin I mentioned it on the first thread, its either "FOCK" or some garbled shout that is longer than "FOCK".

It makes me laugh when the umpires read out the score after a game and its all in French except for "new balls".

Why say everything in French except for "new balls" ? Doesn't make sense.

GrouchyKiwi Sun 29-May-16 16:17:00

Thanks for the new thread. smile

We might need to send our Scottish weather to France.

MrsVamos Sun 29-May-16 16:18:25

TheOnly

My DC are older than your DS, and they now either bugger off upstairs or out. grin

TheOnlyLivingBoyInNewCross Sun 29-May-16 16:27:03

So I'm watching this replay, and I remember the cleancut and youthful Raonic from last year. Must have been watching him in a specific match otherwise he wouldn't have made an impression, but I can't remember which of my faves (channels Queenie fromBlackadder) he was playing.

magimedi Sun 29-May-16 16:27:41

I love this thread. So lovely that we can joke about spelling with out anyone getting arsey and/or PC about it.

DH was not at all into tennis when we first married (30+) years ago but after a (very irritating) couple of years when he had to keep asking me what a 'break' was, what was advantage etc etc he is as keen as me now. But I still get 100% of the handchange during tournaments.

DS got round to being quite keen on it by the time he was about 16! Still upsets DS that he is the same age as Federer but doesn't have all those ££££ grin

MrsVamos Sun 29-May-16 16:28:12

Queenie ! I'm going to call you that now !

MrsVamos Sun 29-May-16 16:30:51

magi

grin I must admit I did hesitate before I posted the mistake but I knew Raahh wouldn't be offended, and anyway, its tradition now. Whoever starts a thread from now and during Wimby there's usually a couple of mistakes ! Mine tend to stand out more cos if I start a thread I tend to do it in capitals. Double the humiliation !

MrsVamos Sun 29-May-16 16:33:30

I've also got to say I'm bloody chuffed cos Lewis has won the Monte Carlo Grand Prix, and even better Cheating Tosser Twat Rosberg finished SEVENTH !

Has reduced his lead to only 24 points.

Go Lewis ! Go Lewis ! Go Lewis !

<dances>

hugoagogo Sun 29-May-16 16:46:14

I've managed to scramble home to watch- and it starts raining!

< waves at fellow Carter USM fan>

NoBarbaraGood Sun 29-May-16 16:51:21

Dear tennis watchers,

Another ABD fan here.

(Anyone But Djokovic)

Things in general haven't been going too well, though, so why should RG be any different?

Love,

Debbie Downer

MrsVamos Sun 29-May-16 16:51:29

hugo ! <waves>

I think about 20 mins ago they said it would be approx. 40 minute delay.

Mind you, yesterday they said 15 mins and it was hours !

Awful, awful accident yesterday because of the storm, did you see about those poor children ? Terrible.

MrsVamos Sun 29-May-16 16:52:57

Barbara grin

I really hope you're right.

Anyone got any psychic tendencies ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now