BBC2 on now! Hillsborough Anybody watching?

(158 Posts)
SoleBizzz Sun 08-May-16 21:34:17

Nothing was being done.

seasidesally Sun 08-May-16 21:38:54

watching,i remember it but was young at the time

was at a premier match recently how times have changed regarding seating,crowd control etc

wobblywonderwoman Sun 08-May-16 21:40:18

I am watching. It's is deeply upsetting.

seasidesally Sun 08-May-16 21:40:26

i know newsagents in Liverpool still wont sell The Sun newspaper due to their blaming of the fans

SoleBizzz Sun 08-May-16 21:41:17

Usually men can jump over fences etc. I wouldn't have been able to get over the fence if I'd had the opportunity to

seasidesally Sun 08-May-16 21:45:17

when small my family took me to a big name football match and it was the olds standing concrete stands and can easily see how a crush could happen

SoleBizzz Sun 08-May-16 21:45:59

I was confused when this happened. I didn't remember it was Sheffield because of the Hillsborough ground name.

Hissy Sun 08-May-16 21:48:04

I've just seen an ex boyfriend in the crowd.

It never occurred to me he'd have been there.

Looks like he survived tho, thank god.

It was an almighty shock to see his face, clear as day.

Ginmakesitallok Sun 08-May-16 21:48:53

It's hellish.

seasidesally Sun 08-May-16 21:48:54

omg hissy

SoleBizzz Sun 08-May-16 21:48:57

Oh gosh Hissy! Shock for you. But glad he is o.k.

SoleBizzz Sun 08-May-16 21:50:42

The footage is harrowing

GinnyMcGinFace Sun 08-May-16 21:51:52

I watched this on You Tube when it was still banned here. So, so shocking. Up until I saw it, I had thought it was a terrible thing but an accident, nobody's fault. I'll be honest, I couldn't quite understand why 27 years later the families were still trying to 'pin the blame' on the police. I was rendered totally speechless by the actions of the police, of Duckinfield, the lies, the betrayal. Truly shocking. And the relentless strength and insistence of the families to get justice is truly, truly humbling.

expatinscotland Sun 08-May-16 21:55:34

I know a lady who lived through the crush. She was 18. I know her because now her son is dead from cancer. So much needless death.

SoleBizzz Sun 08-May-16 21:56:16

sad The media did a good job making some people believe the lies. I drove to and from Glasgow a few times during the last two years and there were Hillsborough signs on the M6 for the families.

blackbunny Sun 08-May-16 21:56:57

This is heartbreaking...

SoleBizzz Sun 08-May-16 21:57:58

They only went to watch a football match....One couple both Daughters were killed.

seasidesally Sun 08-May-16 21:58:36

thank goodness for all seaters now,im sure this rule has saved injury and life

laylabelle Sun 08-May-16 22:01:23

Mad to think so many little mistakes were made that led to this.not delaying kick off..not closing the tunnel..could've been so easily prevented

Then you have the fences where so many made it out of Bradford because of lack of them..not being the case here.its scary to think how things were and how much has changed.though some clubs have discussed safe standing which can work if properly in place but don't think ever in England be introduced

AnneEyhtMeyer Sun 08-May-16 22:01:39

Oh God, I wanted to watch this. I've missed the first hour so I'll have to catch the beginning on iPlayer.

I've had to read about this recently through work and it is harrowing.

SoleBizzz Sun 08-May-16 22:02:36

The original verdict was accidental death. I want to know how that was overturned. I need to research unless it's explained tonight during the programme.

GinnyMcGinFace Sun 08-May-16 22:03:55

Keep watching, OP...

seasidesally Sun 08-May-16 22:05:15

i must say i was very impressed with the Premier League match i went to

lots of stewards walking up and down the rows of seats continuess

security everywhere

SoleBizzz Sun 08-May-16 22:05:44

Thank you Ginny.

The Liverpudlians are so strong. I knew they'd never give up fighting for justice.

ASAS Sun 08-May-16 22:06:15

Wrong class. Wrong accent. No power. And no basic human empathy from those in power. I hope these swines haven't slept a wink since.

To think that child's blood was analysed. No words.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now