The Tunnel : sabotage - anyone watching?

(20 Posts)
JellyBaby26 Fri 06-May-16 05:22:05

Not quite as good as the first but still enjoying it. Anyone else out there?

homebythesea Fri 06-May-16 13:15:59

Yes yes yes! Loving it- having to sit on hands not to binge watch the whole lot on Sky box sets. However not sure how they will continue to spin it out seeing as they have done in most of the baddies by episode 4!

rumbelina Fri 06-May-16 13:28:33

Me! I couldn't watch series 1 as it was so similar to the Bridge - my mind kept comparing the two and it was driving me potty.

I'm really enjoying this though. It's a good solid page-turner.

homebythesea Fri 06-May-16 13:53:42

Rumbelina are you finding Elise's character difficult to unravel? It was explained/hinted at in the first series that she's slightly autistic thus the taking everything literally etc.

JellyBaby26 Fri 06-May-16 15:09:20

I only found out earlier they are all available. Am very tempted!

I have been struggling to recognise faces in this series other than the obvious. Took me ages to realise garrido worked at the police station.

Elise is difficult to read. There were definitely hints that she was autistic last time and she's clearly working hard to understand people more.

When the girl threw the picture in the bin I thought it was a bit lame. She should have smashed it somehow if she wanted some form reaction.

Interesting to know why they brought the plane down? Emilia fox paid them to do it didn't she? And it's all linked of course but how!

Sunnymeg Sun 08-May-16 13:31:19

Yes we are watching, but thought the fourth episode was a bit poor. Fair play to Sky for having a different story written rather than just rehashing The Bridge series 2, but it looks like it it is one of those dramas where the best known actor in the list of suspects is bound to be the chief villain.

rumbelina Thu 12-May-16 06:40:55

Who was Koba at the end of ep 5? Was it someone we've already seen?

noeuf Thu 12-May-16 06:55:07

Yes we are watching it - I was so surprised at how much I enjoyed it as I hadn't watched the previous one. Some of it is a bit obvious, like the uni bluff but some of it is really unexpected.
Hated the wedged in PC lectures from the Muslim girl - it felt really odd and not part of the action, like a public service announcement!

JellyBaby26 Thu 12-May-16 07:37:19

I got impatient and watched it all at the weekend. Whoops!

icapturethecastle Thu 19-May-16 21:57:26

Just started watching yesterday and already watched 5 episodes 🙈 much better than the first series which I gave up on half way through - as others said just kept comparing to the original. Really like Stephen Dillane hopefully see him in more things even after what Stannis did in GOT 😱

triplets Sun 29-May-16 22:37:09

I loved loved the first series but am absolutely lost this time round? Can someone tell me who is the dark haired guy with the soft husky voice, not Kobra the other one, also Elise and that other woman did they previously know each other? Can someone explain about the womans allegations and her hatred for Adam...............see I am totally lost! This weeks episode where they were on the pier is my home town of Deal, just down the road from me! .

Theimpossiblegirl Tue 31-May-16 21:22:04

Loving it! Just about to watch the last one. It's so good and Elise is a fab character.

BaconAndAvocado Wed 01-Jun-16 22:06:12

Wow! That was a bloody amazing episode!

When Karl called Elise "an exceptional person" I nearly cried shock

Series 3 please!!

BeautyGoesToBenidorm Wed 01-Jun-16 22:28:55

It was a great series, even though I'm genuinely still having nightmares about how they killed off Robert Fournier. Mind you, I was disappointed with them shooting The Chemist - I really wanted to see him brought to trial.

Also, DH had to cover my mouth with his hand at certain points, because that MI6 agent (Neal Grey?) and his batshit squeaky, raspy voice made me laugh uncontrollably grin

Theimpossiblegirl Wed 01-Jun-16 23:09:45

It was brilliant, but I was heard to scream "Oh my God! Her eye!!!" very loudly at one point.

triplets Wed 01-Jun-16 23:14:06

God what an ending..........I was a bag of nerves when Carl and Elise were tied up, just kept saying "omg how are they going to get out of this one". Then when the chemist came in with the needle and Carl couldn't see what he was doing to Elise I had to put a cushion over my head and ears, I was terrified................the chemist was evil.......cant get his face out of my mind!

BeautyGoesToBenidorm Thu 02-Jun-16 07:19:25

Oh god, I think The Chemist is easily one of the most terrifying characters I've seen on TV for a while - I felt genuine fear and unease watching a lot of his scenes. What an actor!

limitedperiodonly Thu 02-Jun-16 18:55:39

Who pushed Elena out of the window? Who was Control that Erykah was working for? What was she going on about to Koba on the train when she talked about people who needed to be taught a lesson about meddling in other people's countries? In what way was Emilia Fox connected to everyone - I presumed she might have met Fournier in rehab, but if so, it seems like a mighty networking place. Who told her that the Polish guy was an undercover cop? I thought it was Neal of the raspy voice, but he turned out to be quite good. How did the Polish guy get through security with a briefcase full of fake passports when a scan would surely make someone want to open it up?

limitedperiodonly Thu 02-Jun-16 19:05:19

I know the bloke with the man-bun who played Koba's henchman who hefted Fournier away from the car crash and held Elise's head while The Chemist injected her eye.

I was watching it and thought: 'He really looks like...' and then I looked it up and he was. I first spotted him as an Abercrombie & Fitch topless salesman and model. I didn't know he'd branched out into acting. We said hello in the street a couple of weeks ago. He hides his light under a bushel wink

icapturethecastle Sun 05-Jun-16 23:39:39

Yes yes the M16 agent had the funniest voice. I really loved it but now thinking about all the loose ends.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now