Tiny Tots Talent agency channel 4

(43 Posts)
KurriKurri Wed 20-Apr-16 12:41:24

Is there a thread on this - or am I the only one who watched it? grin

I felt sad for some of those children - their expectations are deluded to say the least. Not the children's fault, parents have a lot to answer for but also the agency for encouraging people to tell their children they are talented when they clearly are not.

The modelling - while not my cup of tea and not something I would do for my child - I think less harmful,although I expect very dull for children to sit around doing that. Having said that little Ornella was the most adorable baby - her mum wasn't deluded in thinking she is gorgeous and she's saving the money for the child's benefit.

But generally it just made me a bit depressed and irritated.A lot of adults either living vicariously through their children, or making bucks out of parents and children;s unrealistic dreams. Some of those children are going to have a very hard fall one day.

dottypotter Wed 20-Apr-16 15:34:24

some of them will make it and good luck to them. You cant blame the parents for wanting their children to succeed.

Jenk was crap and so was his singing though.

MrsBosh Wed 20-Apr-16 15:53:51

I agree it was a slightly uncomfortable watch!

Jenk seemed like a sweet boy but definitely agree that his mother was living vicariously through him. Was shocked at the amount they were obviously spending on him and his hobbies though.

Kyanne was talented and she and her family seemed quite normal and down-to-earth about it all.

Each to their own - think it a bit more acceptable hen children are obviously old enough to decide what they want to do though.

NowSissyThatWalk Wed 20-Apr-16 20:03:55

I've just seen it, agree Jenk (sp?) wasn't anything special to be honest, I felt bad for him in many ways, think he is going to have a heavy bump. All this 'If you want something bad enough you'll get it' Um...No, you're going to need more than that I'm afraid.

PolkadotsAndMoonbeams Thu 21-Apr-16 00:43:20

I watched it too. I'm looking forward to next week with a bit of West End stuff.

Ornella's hair is gorgeous. I thought the cake smash looked like a waste of good cake though <hoiks judgy pants>

ijustwannadance Thu 21-Apr-16 00:51:55

I felt sorry for jenk in that he will grow up with his peers hating him for being so bloody obnoxious.
His mum is unhinged. She admitted it was because she couldn't have more DC's so gave him all her attention.
The issue was the poor boy was only average in all his 'talents'. The forced nature of it makes it cringy and desperate.
All he is learning is that his parents are minted and money buys everything except real friends.

Allofaflumble Thu 21-Apr-16 07:55:52

I found watching Jenk excruciating especially when he was dancing for the video audition. Poor kid. His Mum and Dad seemed to see him as something to market as a brand. I cool kid - cringe.

I too felt they were setting him up to be disliked. Ornella was such a character with her affro. Lovely baby and her Mum seemed to be doing it all in the right spirit.

jay55 Thu 21-Apr-16 20:10:19

I didn't really understand why Jenk was going to boarding school, was his mum going back to work? Though it was probably good for him to find out he wasn't a special snowflake sooner than later.

parrots Fri 22-Apr-16 12:03:31

Agree with the comments about Jenk, his mother seemed delusional

voodoolooloo Sat 23-Apr-16 20:02:04

I'm watching it on catch up now. I can hardly each Chenk (Jenk?!). It's so cringe worthy.
He's in for a huge shock at boarding school.
His mother is deluded.
Kyanne and family are lovely. She's very beautiful and very talented.
She'll go far I'm sure.

Biscuitsneeded Sat 23-Apr-16 22:39:33

I thought Ornella's mum came across well. She has a beautiful baby and she wants to give her chances she can't currently offer her. Nothing wrong with that. Cenk was interesting. He didn't seem hugely talented at anything in particular except believing his mum's hype, but I guess he's a good-looking boy, and with money, expensive elite education and that amount of self-belief he'll probably succeed at something. Looking forward to next week.

Oliversmumsarmy Tue 26-Apr-16 13:38:34

Both dd and ds have done adverts and child modelling until they became too tall and can say they had a fantastic time doing it. Loads of other kids around to play with between takes and generally having a great time. Even when dd was on her own doing a shoot on a subject matter which was pretty serious on her birthday she had a great time and they surprised her with a lovely birthday cake. Both had fun times and met fantastic people. Both have friends of many years they have met on set.

I think there were a few very talented children but there were equally a few deluded parents.

Couldn't understand Jenks parents sending him off to boarding school but having what I presume a full on schedule during the holidays. Or did I get that bit wrong. When was his down time. Where was the time for friends. There didn't seem to be down to earth time.

Oliversmumsarmy Tue 26-Apr-16 13:48:08

As for I Cool Kid. Nothing says uncool than a precocious kid from a wealthy background trying to look like a Southern European Don Johnson whilst mummy is flashing the cash in the background.

parrots Tue 26-Apr-16 15:10:50

Apparently he's a finalist in this comp - did he write that song?

www.songacademy.co.uk/says16/?platform=hootsuite

I feel a bit mean but it makes me cringe

Vixxfacee Tue 26-Apr-16 20:32:50

What a BRAT

Biscuitsneeded Tue 26-Apr-16 21:29:15

Two very gracious older sisters in tonight's episode.

PolkadotsAndMoonbeams Tue 26-Apr-16 21:31:04

Aggie and Lydia were lovely - they have a similar age gap to me and DSis.

EverySongbirdSays Tue 26-Apr-16 22:29:21

I have been enjoying the show.

It doesn't half make me judgy mc judgy judgerson on some peoples parenting styles and approaches though

KurriKurri Tue 26-Apr-16 23:22:45

Yes Oriana was sweet girl. Aggie and Lydia also nice little girls - but I felt a bit sorry for the older brother being subjected to endless displays of singing and dancing grin

I wonder if Lacey is happier now she is 'on a break' - I know she acted very spoiled but she was obviously tired and bored and her attention span was too short for those long days - and she was there because of something a psychic said ???? The only time she looked happy was when she got to stroke some animals at the petting zoo - like a normal little girl.

That zombie film looked like it would be lucky to make it straight to DVD, 'low budget' was being generous !

EverySongbirdSays Wed 27-Apr-16 00:40:27

The 'I saw two pigeons on a fence' bit was hmm LOLZ

dottypotter Wed 27-Apr-16 11:40:02

the little girl lacey was not disciplined and was nothing special. Mother had to bribe her by buying a toy and promising her a mcdonalds. good job she is having a rest from it.

seasidesally Wed 27-Apr-16 14:34:15

Lacey came across as a spoilt indulged little princess

im glad the mum decided to give her a break though only because her son has potential and can focus on him (i liked him) if he wasnt doing that i think she would still be pushing Lacey

surely if a child acts like Lacey on shoot alot the word would get out and agencys wouldnt want to know,would they ?

dottypotter Wed 27-Apr-16 16:23:22

I agree why didn't they just tell her to go home at the theme park all that fussing round her and trying to console her why!! There are plenty of interested children.

seasidesally Wed 27-Apr-16 16:42:50

i know dotty a little Mariah in the making

yes all that fussing while all the rest seemed to just enjoy it and done what was asked

228agreenend Fri 29-Apr-16 18:08:39

Caught up with this last night. They seemed a slightly more realistic bunch.

I'd love to know Cenk/Jenkins was getting on at boarding school. After being indulged and having 100% attention poured on you, it must have been quite a shock. The comic cenk-duvet cover and the photograph board probably didn't help. He was potentially in for a tough time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now