(21 Posts)
DraenorQueen Sun 10-Apr-16 20:55:56

Anyone else curled up ready for this??
I may cry if they've butchered it...

Trills Sun 10-Apr-16 21:02:36

I didn't know it was happening!

What channel?

MissCalamity Sun 10-Apr-16 21:02:53

Me, read the book almost 3 years ago & didn't even realise this was being made into a TV series until last week. Fingers crossed it lives up to the book grin

MissCalamity Sun 10-Apr-16 21:03:34

Fox Trills

Trills Sun 10-Apr-16 21:03:39

Ah, it's on a channel I've never heard of and don't have. sad

JesusInTheCabbageVan Sun 10-Apr-16 21:03:57

Me! Coincidentally, I was re-reading it when I found out it was going to be on. I just hope it's not going to be full of cutesy 'oops, nearly let on I'm a time traveller' slips. The book skates a bit too close to that, IMO. Who absent mindedly sings a song without stepping to think if it's been written yet, FFS? over invested

Trills Sun 10-Apr-16 21:06:37

Who absent mindedly sings a song without stepping to think if it's been written yet, FFS?

Nicholas Lyndhurt for one. grin

Purplestarssparkle Sun 10-Apr-16 22:44:07

Both myself and dh liked it 😀 had a slight panic attack at 9:59 pm as we had 2 things recording so had to do frantic swapping things around and re recording on plus one channels grin

StuRedman Sun 10-Apr-16 22:45:03

I loved it. Have to reread the book now.

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Sun 10-Apr-16 22:46:52

Had no idea this had been made. It's repeated on weds so will have to wait till then.

YoScience Sun 10-Apr-16 22:47:44

I loved the book, have been looking forward to seeing this. So far so good!

DraenorQueen Mon 11-Apr-16 05:49:34

I enjoyed it overall but, wow, there are some changes to the storyline!

hudyerwheesht Mon 11-Apr-16 07:19:34

I haven't watched it yet but nervous already to hear of the changes to the storyline.....

Be back later to discuss.

DurhamDurham Mon 11-Apr-16 07:28:07

I thought it was really good, even though it's an eight part series I still think that they'll miss loads out from the book.

The book is brilliant, except the ending, I wasn't so keen on that.

YoScience Mon 11-Apr-16 09:46:00

I was really disappointed by the ending of the book too. I felt it was too far fetched (because having a portal in a cupboard isn't! grin) .

AlbusPercival Mon 11-Apr-16 09:53:44

oh what channel was it on? I loved the book

ChoccyJules Mon 11-Apr-16 16:49:17

I found the ending of the book very twee and crowbarred-in, but loved it until that point. Will look for this - repeated on Weds you say?

JesusInTheCabbageVan Mon 11-Apr-16 19:01:19

Trills Ah yes. People really should undergo basic training and obtain some sort of licence before time travelling.

icebearforpresident Mon 11-Apr-16 19:17:52

I loved the book but I admit it's the only Steven king book I've ever managed to read! Haven't read it for years though so if there are any massive changes I probably won't realise.

Got to admit I'm not a James Franco fan but liked him as Jake.

MadisonAvenue Mon 11-Apr-16 19:23:38

Didn't know about this! Shall be watching on Wednesday, I loved the book.

ChoccyJules Mon 18-Apr-16 22:39:28

I 've watched the first two episodes and already can't remember whether a lot of the stuff was in the book, but given my memory that's not surprising. I did spot a bloke from the West Wing though. I really hope they stick to the book.
DH came in and said 'this feels like Lost' then pointed out JJAbrams did Lost, at which point he declared it was going to be rubbish (we still feel agrieved over hours wasted watching Lost to the bitter, crappy end).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now