Scandal season 5 - anyone watching?

(24 Posts)
Cerseirys Sat 02-Apr-16 16:14:25

Has it jumped the shark? I still find it entertaining but am thinking maybe Shonda needs to wrap it up next season.

pocketsized Sat 02-Apr-16 16:15:28

I agree it getting a bit silly....I'm still watching, but not enjoying it as much as previous series.

JaneHair Sat 02-Apr-16 16:20:09

It has totally jumped the shark. I am fed up of Olivia's pained expression all the time. The only two characters I like are Mellie and the Vice President. I'm bored by it now.

Cerseirys Sat 02-Apr-16 16:21:29

I always liked Carlos from Desperate Housewives so I'm glad to see him show up, and I like Susan Ross too but why has David Rosen become such a creep? Also, are there hints that Cyrus and agent Tom are sleeping together?

Loving the brighter colours Olivia is wearing now, and Liz North's wardrobe of wide legged trousers and pussy-bow blouses is fab too.

Cerseirys Sat 02-Apr-16 20:28:37

I also always thought it would end with Olivia as the president but think it's lost it's way a bit now.

Fpmd1710 Mon 04-Apr-16 19:58:17

I'm couldn't agree more.Last night I was catching up with the latest episode to air in America and kept thinking that I miss how the 'Gladiators' used to have a new client each week and would deal with said clients issue, then the main storyline would kind of continue in the background. Now it's like there is no Gladiators anymore, I don't see how any of them are even getting paid as they don't seem to do much work except for being Liv's personal spies.
Must say I absolutely love Mellie though

oneowlgirl Tue 05-Apr-16 19:46:06

Complete agree with all the comments but still enjoy it.

Absolutely love Mellie & Susan Ross & loved Susan telling Fitz she didn't want his public support.

I wish they'd get back to being gladiators again too & get rid of Olivia's dad but I read he's been promoted to series regular.

Also hate that David Rosen has been turned into a 2-timing cheat. Abby is bugging me too - can't stand her whiny voice.

I do enjoy it though grin

Cerseirys Tue 05-Apr-16 20:06:13

Olivia's dad was good in small doses (and I figured out who he was from the moment he appeared) but now every time he appears on screen I think "here comes the monologue..." And Jake used to be hot but now he's just a bit gross.

oneowlgirl Tue 05-Apr-16 21:56:50

That is very true Cer - you're spot on (unfortunately!).

Adventuregame Wed 06-Apr-16 12:31:00

Used to really enjoy it but prefer Madame Secretary now which is AMAZING !!!

oneowlgirl Fri 08-Apr-16 13:56:53

I loved last nights episode - seemed back to form!

Cerseirys Fri 08-Apr-16 21:56:02

Yes, and I KNEW Cyrus and a Agent Tom were shagging!

oneowlgirl Fri 22-Apr-16 18:16:55

Oh no, Olivia has gone to the dark side. I really hoped she would remain on the side of good.

Adventuregame Fri 13-May-16 13:34:56

So over Rowan being evil now !!
And Jake - he's good, he's bad, he's good , he's bad..........

youngestisapsycho Sun 15-May-16 08:19:45

Surely one of them should just kill Rowan!

Adventuregame Mon 16-May-16 15:22:12

Agreed ! They've got plenty of guns - just shoot him !

Adventuregame Wed 25-May-16 08:39:16

Confused - so is that what Rowan wanted all along ? Bit of an anti climax ?

PaulAnkaTheDog Wed 25-May-16 11:23:58

It's shit now. Think I will stop watching now.

youngestisapsycho Wed 25-May-16 11:41:20

It is getting silly... as I said above, anyone could easily kill Rowan and then everything would be OK... and Cyrus, he could be offed too!

Adventuregame Thu 26-May-16 08:42:53

Think there is only one more episode this season ?

youngestisapsycho Thu 26-May-16 09:53:59

Last week was the last one....

Adventuregame Fri 27-May-16 13:36:04

What ? That was the end ? Urggghhhhh

paniniswapx3 Fri 27-May-16 22:07:05

I thought that too Adventure when I realised it last night.

eternalopt Sun 29-May-16 22:20:22

What? Last week was the finale? Huh. Did my realise that! Came onto this thread to see if anyone knew what happened to this weeks episode! Not a great finale.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now