Line of duty

(750 Posts)
Maplessglobe Fri 18-Mar-16 08:46:31

I noticed there's a new series coming and I remember liking the last one.

I watched the précis on iplayer but still can't really remember it properly... I remember feeling like it was unclear throughout whether DI Denton was guilty. Am I right? Don't want to rewatch as I have no time.

diddl Fri 18-Mar-16 09:02:14

Yes, she was.

I love this programme!

Arkwright Fri 18-Mar-16 09:41:09

There is a "story so far" on iplayer it's quite good for jogging your memory. Can't wait I love this programme.

Arkwright Fri 18-Mar-16 09:41:21

There is a "story so far" on iplayer it's quite good for jogging your memory. Can't wait I love this programme.

whatevermaycome Fri 18-Mar-16 09:44:19

Wasn't it all down to Neil Morrissey in the end ? Keeley Hawes had been paid off so was guilty but I think he was behind the whole operation. Didn't he help the criminal in series 1 and then had to kill him off at the start of series 2 as he was threatening to expose him ? Or something hmm

diddl Fri 18-Mar-16 09:46:12

The other one, I think.

Played be Craig Parkinson.

He was revealed to be "The Caddy", who had been working for the local "mafia".

Neil Morrissey character was leaking stuff to the papers for money, though.

Maplessglobe Fri 18-Mar-16 10:17:41

See, I didn't watch the first series so I was entirely confused by that bit on the iplayer summary!
Yes I remember the caddy bit but not much else, despite watching the summary! I had an idea that Denton was wrongly imprisoned but did I completely invent that?

diddl Fri 18-Mar-16 10:26:35

They found the bribe money that she had taken.

SinisterBumFacedCat Sat 19-Mar-16 21:59:06

I do hope they uncover Dot Cotton

Maplessglobe Wed 23-Mar-16 20:17:45

sinister I'm confused. more than I usually am

Pancakeflipper Wed 23-Mar-16 20:28:16

I hope Cotton features more in this series.
Read that Denton isn't in this one but wonder if they make reference to her?

Can't wait.

Maplessglobe Thu 24-Mar-16 07:58:53

Oh I forgot that was the caddy's actual name. Presumably as he's the ultimate corrupt cop behind everything, he will feature, perhaps more and more?

gingercat12 Thu 24-Mar-16 14:39:16

Read the catch-up on the Guardian website. I obsessed over both series 1 and 2, but could not remember half of what they said in the article. blush
According to this article Dot Cotton is now a member of AC12.

ihatethecold Thu 24-Mar-16 14:52:10

when is it on again?

WhatColourIsBest Thu 24-Mar-16 14:54:25

Tonight grin

Maplessglobe Thu 24-Mar-16 15:47:58

Thanks, ginger that helped a bit.
I remembered that while Denton was guilty of taking the bribe, there was more to it. I can't remember who the 'vulnerable young woman' she was trying to protect that the guardian refers to was though. Anyone?

If it's helpful for anyone else, the guardian summary is here

HeyNonnyMaybe Thu 24-Mar-16 15:52:53

The vulnerable young woman was the one who was in the car with the Chief Superintendent character. She was shown as a waitress at a party. I think.

There was also a young girl who'd gone missing, was she found dead at a mechanic's yard or something like that?

gingercat12 Thu 24-Mar-16 15:54:21

Maplessglobe It was somehow to do with abuse, but the girl still ended up dead. Denton felt responsible, but I forgot how.

Maplessglobe Thu 24-Mar-16 16:00:47

Thanks. I notice on the grain blog that someone else also thought Denton was wrongly imprisoned and would be proved innocent! feel ridiculously glad it's not just me!

gingercat12 Thu 24-Mar-16 16:03:44

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_of_Duty

DaphneWhitethigh Thu 24-Mar-16 19:32:09

Thanks for that link Maples. I remember the trauma of watching season 2 having forgotten series 1 completely, getting thoroughly gripped and then three episodes in they suddenly pulled out huge chunks of backstory leaving me babbling "what? Who? Why?" This time I will be pre-briefed.

TheSpottedZebra Thu 24-Mar-16 19:35:06

Tonight, what? How did I miss that?

Will we have a thread? Is this our thread?

I LOVED it last year. The programme - and the thread. I didn't like Keeley Hawes before at all, I found her really affected. But she was amazing in LoD.

TheSpottedZebra Thu 24-Mar-16 19:36:21

I also love Vicki McCoy re, and she has excellent hair in the guardian pictures <shallow>.

TheSpottedZebra Thu 24-Mar-16 19:37:42

McCoy re us of course my autocorrect's reworking of Vicky McClure.

Maplessglobe Thu 24-Mar-16 19:49:26

I agree, spotted, KH annoyed the heck out of me before I watched line of duty! I'm not sure why I get so irritated by people I don't actually know or need to have any interaction with.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now