House of Cards (US:S4)

(26 Posts)
LurkingHusband Tue 08-Mar-16 09:49:37

We cannot watch more than 3 shows of anything in a row in a day ...

Just seen Episode 3 ("It's hard to see how we can be any firmer without invading Russia ..." FU: "Why not do that ?") ....

LadyCassandra Tue 08-Mar-16 09:53:15

Episode 4 is phenomenal! grin

MegCleary Tue 08-Mar-16 09:58:20

Finished it last night wink

LurkingHusband Tue 08-Mar-16 11:08:37

LadyCassandra

If I had said we had just seen episode 4, would you have said "episode 5 is phenomenal !" ? grin

SymphonyofShadows Tue 08-Mar-16 16:04:26

Ive got about 15 mins of ep3 left. I'm really enjoying it but forgot who the guy in prison was and had to look him
up on the wiki.

LadyCassandra Wed 09-Mar-16 00:57:59

LurkingHusband yes! I watched it last night! Watching 6 now as DH stayed up and watched it but I went to bed and I can't let him get more than two episodes ahead of me!

LurkingHusband Wed 09-Mar-16 12:17:21

Saw E4 last night (it was only as we were going to bed we realised we'd prioritised it over Better Call Saul) - very clever stuff.

If nothing else, it's a fascinating glimpse into how the US government all fits together.

It was hard to see Donald Bythe step in without thinking of Selina Meyer grin

brittanyfairies Wed 09-Mar-16 12:24:56

I wish I didn't have to work or sleep at the moment, because I haven't got time to watch as much as I want.

Episode 4 was amazing and it just gets better. When I grow up I want to be Clare Underwood.

IslandGirlie Wed 09-Mar-16 12:33:49

Brilliant! I didn't want it to end sad more to come smile

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Wed 09-Mar-16 12:36:21

Best thing going.

I finished series 4 on Saturday. Such a strong programme.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Wed 09-Mar-16 12:39:53

I loved the series! I'm ashamed to say I binge watched it across 2 days and am now catching up on sleep blush

The series ending is shock

RumAppleGinger Wed 09-Mar-16 12:41:30

I tried to watch episode 1 of the new series last night but even with the wee recap netflix provided I'm still a bit lost. I must have binge watched all of series three in a day or so whilst on mat leave and it didn't get obsorbed sufficently.

SymphonyofShadows Wed 09-Mar-16 14:51:45

I've seen 6 eps so far and loving it. I notice that Robin Wright has directed quite a lot, I guess that explains all those long shots of her looking fabulous while striding down corridors.

RumAppleGinger Thu 10-Mar-16 19:21:55

Ok, did a wee round up of series 3 and up to episode 7 of series 4.

I don't like Clare Underwood but I am absolutely memorised by her. I want her wardrobe and posture and ability to walk in heels. Robin Wright is stunning.

SymphonyofShadows Thu 10-Mar-16 20:44:43

I did the same with the round up. That scene where Frank gets hold of her face must have been hard for RW as its been widely reported the Sean Penn was an abusive arse to her.

I am finding Clare increasingly more one dimensional. Frank has other things going on (Meecham, his relationship with Doug, how he is a bit murdery etc.) but you never see Clare do anything but stride about and plot.

ijustwanttobeme Sun 13-Mar-16 18:51:21

I finished S4 just now and was [shocked] Feel I need something lighthearted to watch now, but I don't seem to find anything on Netflix I like.

rumappleginger me too, I love RW/CU's wardrobe. However, surely even she would kick off her heels at the end of a long day's scheming in the White House and pad about in bare feet or slipper socks.grin

Fiderer Thu 17-Mar-16 10:47:38

I wondered how on earth the women can wear those high heels all day every day. RW & whoever plays Leanne are always so groomed, RW had some great outfits.

They're always flying or travelling here & there in super zoom time, sometimes it's obvious the events are on the same day. "Get him to the White House" and there he is. In the West Wing people used to get stuck in traffic on DuPont Circle.

The convention scene was a hoot with all the loopiness. Actually there were several parallels with the West Wing, COS being an alcoholic, shooting, not turning the plane around, US deal with China.

Millionprammiles Thu 17-Mar-16 11:22:08

Even dp who isn't a fan is liking S4.
Noticed Robin Wright has director credits for some episodes. Well done K Spacey for not insisting on hogging the limelight all the time. These series are always more interesting when they're not dependant on one character dominating the screen.

The only thing that's worrying me is I've developed a disturbing fondness for Deep Dark Doug...

Fiderer Thu 17-Mar-16 12:28:48

I skipped the opening scene in ep1. What was the deal Lucas made to get into witness protection?

Millionprammiles Thu 17-Mar-16 14:06:15

Lucas extracted info/confessions from inmates at the prison. It was an utterly depressing scene.

Fiderer Thu 17-Mar-16 14:08:09

Thanks Million I found it grim from the 1st 2 mins so fast-forwarded.

poorbuthappy Thu 17-Mar-16 14:20:19

I too have a little crush on both Claire and Doug...grin

poorbuthappy Thu 17-Mar-16 15:11:16

Series 4 done.

TheOldestCat Thu 17-Mar-16 15:37:50

I wasn't massively engaged until Episode 4, then wham! Loved it.

Cocolepew Thu 17-Mar-16 15:56:50

They really are a vile couple. I do love them though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now