Raiders of the lost ark - what age? and any other adventure /plorer TV

(10 Posts)
MiscellaneousAssortment Fri 19-Feb-16 00:37:36

DS is almost 6yrs old and has taken a liking for all things explorer/ adventure type stories, to the point where he wants his 6th birthday party themed explorer

It strikes me that maybe there are films / telly series we could watch together along explorer-ing lines?

Anyone know if Raiders of the Lost Ark would be ok for an almost 6yr old? Or if not any other films / TV spring to mind?

I think it's going to be the next obsession, a progression from swashbuckling pirate /treasure map stories, so all buckles must be swashed and that's why Indiana Jones popped into my head, though honestly, I can't actually remember the film!

PS. Sorry on mob and can't get back to the end of the subject text box so suspect it's not finished.

fuzzpig Fri 19-Feb-16 00:44:29

I don't know about raiders etc as I'm not much of an indy fan. DH hasn't let the DCs watch them yet though (they are 8 and 6)

Both DCs love national treasure 1 and 2 though if that's any use, and my DSDs used to love the Journey to the centre of the earth films (the newer ones with brendan fraser I think?)

Can't remember details though, with that kind of thing I usually watch first

MiscellaneousAssortment Fri 19-Feb-16 03:54:59

Ooh thank you fuzzpig, I just watched the first 20mins or so of Raiders of the lost ark and it really isn't suitable for younger children, I guess all the gore and violence went over my head the first time round! shock grin

Will check out national treasure ones.

Also, Journey to the centre of the earth - I only watched that soo many years ago when off school sick from a neighbours VHS it was a very old black and white film and it was not exactly attention grabbing.

Thanks

NotNob Fri 19-Feb-16 04:00:54

No to Raiders - the end is scary!!

MiscellaneousAssortment Fri 19-Feb-16 08:54:04

And the beginning and middle are too going on last nights viewing!

Andys dinosaur adventures is starting to feel a bit tame, scooby doo feels pretty good for a 'spooooky' cartoon, so hoping to find a step up but not the giant chasm of violence and gore that turns out to be raiders of the lost ark!

fuzzpig Fri 19-Feb-16 09:24:17

think this is the new version of Journey www.amazon.co.uk/Journey-Center-Earth-3D-DVD/dp/B001FB0W2O/ref=sr_1_sc_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1455873796&sr=8-2-spell&keywords=journey+to+the+centre+of+the+eart

crumpet Fri 19-Feb-16 09:27:34

Star Wars? (By which I of course mean starting with Episode IV). Han Solo definitely swashbuckles!

ConkersDontScareSpiders Fri 19-Feb-16 14:02:13

Spy kids? Or must it be more Indiana Jones-ish?
We just watched Indiana Jones with our DD's, 8 and 10 and they were s bit nervous about some of it so 6 might be a bit little. (Not as much as when h decided to let them watch jaws about 2 years ago-dingbat.They watched about 5 minutes of it before being frightened to death and dd1 still won't swim in the sea as a result.i have no idea what he was thinking!!)

MiscellaneousAssortment Fri 19-Feb-16 15:39:54

Oh I haven't heard of sky kids, I shall go investigate (swashbuckling as I go smile )

Naggity Sat 20-Feb-16 00:03:11

He might enjoy Prehistoric Park and The Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now